How to learn more about biddism?

The little bit i learned about was awesome, but how do i learn more and really get into it? I think this would be the best religion for me and my son and i have between 6 days to 3 weeks till DS will arrive, so i want to know more before then

Young_vegan19

Asked by Young_vegan19 at 3:33 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Buddhanet is probably the best resource, it has a lot of information in a lot of formats.
    I like listening to the talks and discussions while i work around the house...

There's no rush, there's nothing special to be done before your son gets here, no need to worry. Learn whenever yu can, but at this time, relax. I remember how stressed i was that soon before my DD came lol.

http://www.buddhanet.net/

Mail me with any questions you have, or if you just want to chat. Otherwise, how will you learn ? :)
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 4:08 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Buddhanet is great, and I always recommend books by Thich Nhat Hanh

Nsbgirl

Answer by Nsbgirl at 4:29 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• google
    spiritual leaders
    community college
    library
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:43 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• There are a lot of good books that provide an introduction to Buddhism... Thich Nhat Hahn is good (he has an 'intro' book called The Heart of the Buddha's Teaching) and Lama Surya Das has some good introductory material too (I think his 'basics' book is called Awakening the Buddha Within.) Buddhanet has some good articles as well. I've been practicing Buddhism for about five years and I find generally it's as much about practice as it is about knowledge, so a good place to start may simply be with practice... take time to just sit and breathe, be mindful of the present moment, be compassionate... it's probably good advice for anyone!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:47 AM on Sep. 9, 2010