If u r on good terms with ur mil, would u complain to her about a serious issue with ur hubby? or would u keep it all secret? knowing that you failed to resolve it by yr own and she has her way with him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Even if you have a good relationship with her, it seems like asking for trouble but I guess it depends on your relationship and how she would handle the problem. I squirm at involving others in a marriage issue, especially an MIL. I have never seen a situation where it worked out.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:09 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• why to involve a third person into sth that should be dealt with between the two of us.
    A11

Answer by A11 at 4:42 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Truthfully I can go to my MIL about anything, we have a great relationship. If hubby and I can't work it out I go to her for insight as does he, she tells us how it is. If I am right she let's it know if I am wrong she also tells me and the same with her son. I have by far the best MIL anyone could ask for. She is truly amazing
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 4:55 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• OMG, absolutely not! I have a great relationship with my MIL but we think very differently about so many things in life. If my husband and I had issues, then my husband and I should be the ones to deal with them. There are boundaries that need to be respected and bringing a third party into the mix only complicates things.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 6:43 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• That woul e a Hell to the NO! That's a quick way to bigger problems.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:11 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Regardless of my relationship with my MIL, I would NEVER talk to her about any issues between my DH and I. If you have an issue you can't resolve, go to a counselor, don't bring family into it.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:24 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• It depends on the situation.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:50 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I love my MIL. I can talk to her about anything. I call her my other mother. Sometimes I will ask for her opinion and advice but really, if I am calling about my hubby, it's to vent and gripe for a few minutes so that I don't scream at him. LOL She's cool, she listens and lets me get it out then asks, "feel better now?" and laughs. LOL I am very blessed to have such a wonderful other mother.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 5:04 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I have gone to my MIL about a serious issue we were having. She didn't pick sides either. She just wants everyone to work things out.
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 5:38 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I love my mother in law but I won't go to her with my marriage problems. If I did she'd probably just be quiet and listen to me. She's a dear and she loves her kids a lot. I did once say something early on to my step MIL. I was upset and couldn't help it because I was crying. So I told her what was going on and she proceeded to tell me to leave him and that he was always difficult and I shouldn't waste my time with him! Needless to say, I don't talk to her about anything ever because she doesn't support our marriage. Sometimes I think she wants us to split up. It used to bother me but I just don't care anymore at all.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 7:41 AM on Sep. 9, 2010