was your baby on the pacifier? why or why not?

I'm debating about putting my newborn son on a pacifier, he's been trying to use me as a pacifier and I was told to out him on a pacifier but I heard pacifiers are bad for babies, was your baby on a pacifier why or why not?!

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 4:02 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They can be hard to get rid of. My son would never take one. My niece and nephew used them frequently. My nephew is just over a year old and still uses it a lot. My niece is three and still using hers at naps and bedtime and any time she gets upset during the day.

What's wrong with letting him use you? If you're breastfeeding, it's natural; he's practicing the skill he needs to eat and giving you practice with the skill as well.
    ruthie11617

Answer by ruthie11617 at 4:30 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• NO I do not like them at all. I will buy 1 pack for DD just in case it get 2 intense and I need 1. My DS didnt like them and couldnt seem to figure out how to ise them. I would put it in and turn around and he is sucking on the wrong side. I think he needed it to do more like have milk come out of it. So I never pushed it. My son has a bottle that he can use at night and I just let him have his empty bottle around during the day. He sometimes holds it in his mouth I just take it from him and he no problem. I let his have the bottle at night because he doesnt have a passy. Easier to take a bottle.
    Seterah1010

Answer by Seterah1010 at 4:38 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• no,never felt like giving any.its like introducing sth and then working hard to whine them away from it
    A11

Answer by A11 at 4:43 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I gave all 4 of my babies pacifiers and at 6 months took them away. It was really no big deal.
    thismamacooks

Answer by thismamacooks at 5:06 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• they are only bad when teeth start coming in.... take them away before age 2 but i dont see a problem with them, its better then them sucking the thumb (you cant take that away) and they suck on the thumb before they you weree preg with them. also its good practice for sucking for like a bottle and heard its helps them with breathing too.... ill give one for my daughter.
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 5:40 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My kids didn't like pacifiers. They're also not the most sanitary things in the world.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 5:56 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I tried to put both my kids on a pacifier and both of them would spit them out; they didn't like it at all so I didn't push it.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 6:39 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My kid had one and loved it and I took it away at 2. Next kid will have it after my supply is fully established and will keep it until they get rid of it on their own.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 6:58 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• They are not bad for the babies, they actually reduce the risk of SIDS at night... Babies need to suck and they need to suck more when what the get from nursing or from a bottle so the passy is a great way to help that.. Both my kids have one, I took my sons away when he turned 1 as I will do the same with my little girl! Anything to help sooth them when they are fussy isn't bad :)
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 7:32 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My dd did but never really used it. It was more like a toy to her.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:55 AM on Sep. 9, 2010