did you wear any make up for labor?

I had my baby yesterday and before I went into the hospital I made sure to do my hair and make up, my husband was in disbelief but I didn't get the big deal I was having a baby not dying!!! Did you do your make up or hair before going into labor?

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 4:05 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• LOVE IT! haha im due in 8 weeks and I will be doing the same! We are ladies, as much will be exposed we need to look pretty. :) so labor stories for me!>?
    Armywifelovely

Answer by Armywifelovely at 4:10 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I know right?! thats what I said, I woke up took a shower and did my hair. I don't have to look like crap just cause I'm having a baby, I still want to look pretty, the doctors were a little surprised to see me too, oh well. I'll take care of my baby and myself.
    babyangelromero

Comment by babyangelromero (original poster) at 4:12 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I didn't do it before labor because I was induced, but I did put it on after my first shower after labor. The nurse thought I was nuts when she saw me fixing my hair in the mirror! LOL
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 4:12 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Hell no. But I was in labor for about 20 hours before I headed to the hospital. It was pretty intense already when I left. Well, I did brush my hair. But I didn't do much to style it (it was really short anyway), and definitely no makeup.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 4:24 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• yes and no. I was at a bbq when I had to go to the hospital, so I was already done up nice for the bbq.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:26 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• yes,a little bit
    A11

Answer by A11 at 4:35 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• LOL!!! Heck No! I was not worrying about that. If I did I would either be having the baby at home or in the car because I have fast deliveries. But I don't do make up on a daily basis either.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 5:25 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Are you kidding?? I could have cared less what I looked like. Your face and hair isn't where all the doctors and nurses are concentrating all the their attention!!! LOL!

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:14 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• No way! I don't believe in getting done up to go to the gym and work out either ... makes no sense to me..
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 6:50 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• LOL...I had just gotten ready to go to my normal appt. when labor started. So, I was already fixed up. The next day, I got a shower and puton light make-up though.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:07 AM on Sep. 9, 2010