did you get your doctor or nurses anything?

did you get your nurses or doctor anything when they delivered your baby? what did you get them?

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 4:13 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Food & Drink

• No. Then again, she didn't deliver my baby. I did. She just caught her ;)
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 4:21 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• No. It's their job. Some people send thank you notes, but I haven't heard of anyone doing anything beyond that......
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 4:24 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• The Doctor was paid well, but we did send him in a special dinner that same day from outside of the hospital. He had mentioned since his divorce, he had not had a home cooked meal in a long time and how dumplings were his favorite. I bought the ingredients and my neighbor told me that she would help us with the surprise on our day.
    He was there all day with us. The nurses (8 from his office and the 11 on duty that day) we sent flowers and a bottle of lotion. One nurse told us how often they washed their hands and how everyone always was using hers.
    We also, sent our neighbor flowers for all of her help.

Yes, please do it. Take time to talk to them. You will be surprised what you may discover.

Best of Luck!
    JOCKEYP2PMOM

Answer by JOCKEYP2PMOM at 4:26 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• We gave the nurses some homemade cookies & a beautiful basket of pens & pads of paper! They are always searching for pen! You can't go wrong with it! For our Dr. we gave him a gift certifice for his favorite expresso or hospital lunch. I mean, after all, he was giving us a bill already to pay for his services. LOL
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 4:31 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• the doc was given her fees,but we gave a gift to the nurse who brought my son from OT to the room
    A11

Answer by A11 at 4:34 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• no, and they don't really care, you're just another patient and quickly forgotten about (their so busy).

it did seem rather anti climatic to spend so much time with the doctors prior to the birth, getting to know each other and such, and then its just over and you don't see them again except a brief followup visit.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:19 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Yes. We did not feel like "just another patient" and wanted to say thank you to the special people who took very good care of us. If you tip a waitress for filling your tea or a stylist for cutting your hair, why wouldn't you do something nice for someone who helped you bring your child into the world? Our OBGYN came in on his day off to deliver our second - he was in overalls and his knee high rubber boots when he first came in - we found out he had been at the family farm nearly 2 hours away and drove in for us. Our nurse went off duty 5 hours before our daughter was born and she stayed until after the birth, we were settled in and helped us get the paperwork all done, and we had no idea until one of the other nurses came in and tried to get her to home. We sent both of them gifts and a special letter telling the hospital what great staff members they had.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:03 AM on Sep. 9, 2010