When you know your husband went out of his way for you, what do you do to thank him?

My husband goes out of his way to see that I have all I need or want. Sometimes he does this sacrificing what he wants. I try to do things for him, but he never seems to want much. He's not into sports, games, DVD/movies, or TV. He's not a couch potatoe, in fact he does a lot of walking. We walk together, play cards, listen to YouTube and go to church together. He's retired & I'm disabled. I feel like we need to add something in the mix. I'm on oxygen & in a wheelchair. Any ideas what I can do for him or for us together?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 5:50 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Entertainment

• Write him a love letter telling him about what you just told us.
    I like your post, because it sounds like true love. Just beeing there is enaugh sometimes. I'm happy for you, but I understand that you want to give something back. (I have it the other way around; My DH depends on me a lot.)
    If you recognize that he puts off certains things, he loves to do, make secretly arangements. Have someone else take care and give him a good time.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 6:26 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Sometimes it's the little things that mean alot to my husband. He loves to come home and have a glass of tea, so I try to make sure to have some made and even a glass poured for him. Read the book The Five Love Languages, and find out what speaks to him. My husband's love language is touch, so right now he is trying really hard so I have tried to be more loving and touching towards him. My love language is gifts. Yesterday he brought me a candy bar and a card, tonight he brought me a cookie he had at a party that he knew I would like, that's all it takes. Just do the little things but the things that speak love to him, usually not the same as what speaks love to us.
    chairston

Answer by chairston at 6:52 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Sometimes with my husband, I write him a letter, or make him a special dinner. Most of the time though, I just tell him how much I love and appreciate all that he does for our family in our quiet moments together.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 8:04 AM on Sep. 9, 2010