How many ultrasounds did you have during your pregnancy?

darlene1974

Asked by darlene1974 at 10:11 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i am at 20 weeks and ive only had 2
    chevygirl2007l

Answer by chevygirl2007l at 10:11 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• 1 with each of my boys, 2 with my daughter because the blood test for birth defects came back with odd results. She was perfectly healthy though.

the boys, and my first one with my daughter were at 20 weeks.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 10:12 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• usually one but sometimees 2 more than that if you have something wrong
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 10:12 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I had 3. One to determine how far along I was (6 weeks), one at 20 weeks, and one the day I was in labor. My sisters only had two, as well.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 10:13 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I HAD 1 WITH MY FIRST DAUGHTER AND 2 WITH MY 2ND CUZ I HAD A MISCARRIAGE B4 HER IT ALL DEPENDS ON HOW HIGH RISK U R!!! MY SISTER N LAW HAD A BABY THAT WAS STILL BORN IN DECEMBER AND GOT PG ONE MNTH LATER AND HAD SONOGRAMS ALL THE TIME ESP TOWARDS THE END SHE HAD ONE EVERY WEEK EVEN THE 3D ONES AND THANK GOD SHE GAVE BIRTH 2 A HEALTHY BABY GIRL 3 WEEKS AGO
    kim2316

Answer by kim2316 at 10:15 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I had a sonogram everytime I went to the doctor, cause he had 2 machines in his office. And I had 2 level 2 sonograms. I had a normal pregnancy, I wasn't high risk or anything.
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 10:17 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I had two during normal visits. First was around 10 weeks and the second was around 22 weeks for both boys. I went into preterm labor with both and I had ultrsounds done at the hospital. Both time labor was stopped with drugs. When I went into the hospital to have my boys, I had ultrasounds again. So in all, I had about 4 to 5 with each pregnancy.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 10:22 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• i had alot with my first but that was high risk, this time i've had two so far im 22 weeks, the first was cause of a threatened miscarriage and the second was the regular one just to chcke the fluids n all that, at 19 weeks.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 10:27 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• generally, you have the one at first to see how far along you are, and make sure, there's only one baby. Then, you have the 20 week and maybe one towards the end as long as everything seems to be going well. I'm lucky, though, I found out at the first visit that it was twins and have had one each time I went. But, that's to make sure they are getting the separate heart beats. But, with a singleton, you don't really have to worry about that. But, I would say if your dr isn't recommending more, you must be doing fine!
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 11:15 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Normally 3.... but I had a cyst on the cord with one of mine and had them every other week .... With my 1st dd I day them everytime I went to see the doc cuz they had on in the room.. Neat
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 11:25 PM on Oct. 14, 2008