Need some fresh games to play. What are some of your favorite family games?

We've been playing UNO and Ten Thousand dice game. Sometimes Sorry. Time for a change. Has to be something we can play at the kitchen table together.

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 5:53 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Entertainment

• Uno,Blokus,Scrabble,Yatzee,Mousetrap,Mall Madness,Dominos are some of the favorites her lately...they also like to use the dominos for building blocks and see how high they can go.
    cjsix

Answer by cjsix at 6:11 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• How old are the kids?
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 8:55 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Ruin!
    Seriously, that game is a lot of fun. Especially with a group of people.
    http://www.amazon.com/Buffalo-Games-1801-Ruin-Game/dp/B001D784UW
    My husband and I play together alone and it's just as fun. But with more people it's a lot more challenging, because you're having to watch your back against all the other players. It's truely a fun game. I highly recommend it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:39 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• How about making some of your own? The kids and I tape together four regular sheets of paper and make up our own games. We use milk or soda caps for pieces (we make designs that we glue on top) and they have more fun with those than they do with other games. Just don't forget to include the rules!
    Azure

Answer by Azure at 3:38 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My daughter loves her Uno Moo. We have been playing Scrabble Slam, Sorry, and Family Fluxx.
    Angie211

Answer by Angie211 at 3:50 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• We looove CLUE but I know thats a little complicated for some...it took us a few tries to explain it to the kids but a simpler game is BLOKUS. Its so much fun!
    Nolibean

Answer by Nolibean at 3:56 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• settlers of catan, they have settlers of catan kids game too :) what ages are you doing?
    LaughterHugs

Answer by LaughterHugs at 4:07 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Bunko is supposed to be really fun. And we just learned how to play Mexican Train (a domino game). We love the Disney Scene-It, Sorry, Life, Candyland, Yatzee, Scatagories, Pictionary, Mad Gabs, Whatz-it (this is an older game I think), Guess Who, Monopoly Jr., Rummikub, Connect Four, Wheel of Fortune (the board game), Tip-It, Phase 10, Skibo, Scrabble...
    That's all I can think of right now.. I'll post again if I can come up with more..
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 7:19 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• connect four. i like seeing my kid do really good strategy and win against me.
    RoseWall

Answer by RoseWall at 8:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Apples to Apples
    DazeDelights

Answer by DazeDelights at 10:27 PM on Sep. 9, 2010