How long does your child(dren) stay neat and clean when you're going out (a walk, appointment whatever)?

I think my dd is having a dirty-phase or something. Sometimes I wonder what's the point in dressing her nicely. Should I just give her a mini car mechanic overall that she can spill on, crawl, fall and slide down the stares with? Because even when I think "yeah, we made it!" she manages te kneel down in the mud to observe two ants havning a fight just before we enter the dentist's. Or she has to run along the thorny bushes .. there go the new pink tights.
Does anyone else's kid have that talent to wreck clothes? (I bet.)

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 6:12 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• What?! ^^ all your kids stay clean?! not mine! they are messy 10 minutes after they are dressed. One drips toothpaste, juice is always along the collorof their shirts, theres always mud on their shoes, one trys to eat dirt on a normal basis... Its not normal if there is a completly clean child in my home lol! Is it a faze? I dont think so. Kids will be kids. They are suposto be messy. Mine range from 4 months old to 4yrs old. All are messy in one way or another. But i dont mind. I just keep extra clothes in a tote in the car haha!
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 1:23 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My kids really don't get that dirty, sometimes they get stuff on their clothes at meal times but not really that much anymore. Their always  getting meals on their faces though lol, but they don't get dirty dirty.

Nsbgirl

Answer by Nsbgirl at 8:09 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I am sure your daughter is going through a phase, hang in there it will get better.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 8:50 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• It's just a phase. Buy cheaper nice clothes for a while. :P She'll learn to appreciate the pretty clothes and be more careful about them. You could always do what my mother did after I'd worn a very pretty easter dress through a thorn patch.....she tore it to shreds in front of me, and my little sister. We never moved in our "sunday best" after that. GL.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:27 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My kids stay clean the whole time we're out. I don't give them anything that can stain and when they're running around they're holding my hand the whole time. They don't have the ability to run around free unless we're in our own yard.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:25 AM on Sep. 9, 2010