Do you have a baby monitor in your toddlers room?

We currently have one in our 20 month old sons room. However, we are having another baby who will be here in 4-6 weeks, and we are trying to decide whether or not we should buy another one, or take the one out of our sons room. He still wakes up at night sometimes. But he hardly ever gets out of bed. Most of the time he just lays in bed with his eyes closed and whines. I'm kind of iffy about taking the monitor out of his room, but my husband doesn't think he needs it in there anymore.

AMZF812

Asked by AMZF812 at 6:20 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have one in my 8 & 7 years old room. their bedroom is on the opposite side of the house and I want to be able to hear what is going on. I think that if you want to keep one in there then do it. For you to sleep good you need to be comfortable and if that means having a monitor in there then that's what you should do.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 7:36 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My daughter is 2 and I still have one in her room. We have a townhouse so I need to hear her when I'm downstairs. She doesn't get up, she stays there until I come get her because she knows she can't go downstairs without me. I have a gate there just in case. If I had another child I would have one in each room.
    jessmom27

Answer by jessmom27 at 7:59 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I have one in my son's room, he's 2.5. At some point we'll get rid of it, but I like being able to hear him if he gets out of bed at night. I would get another monitor, but I'm paranoid like that. I know some moms that never even used one.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:04 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• i have one but very rarely turn it on.... her bedroom door is exactly opposite mine and i hear everything.... i sometimes turn it on at the end of nap so i can hear when she is starting to get up.... she is 28 months old btw... though sometimes in the mornings she plays so quietly i wonder how long she has been up... she is still in a crib...
    chiana

Answer by chiana at 9:07 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Yes, I have a 22 month old with a monitor in his room and an 8 week old with a monitor in her room. They are both video monitors hooked to the same receiver - especially now that he's in a "big boy bed" instead of his crib I like to be able to see what he's doing.

Answer by missanc at 9:30 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• No, but that's only because she sleeps with us lol.

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 12:13 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Yes... I had one in our oldest child's room until the age of 4 or 5 too.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 1:05 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• We sleep near enough to our son where we don't need one, but when we had a different room we had one in his room.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:55 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I think as your getting up for the baby you can always check your son during the night as well. Just have it in the baby room.

In the mean time there are some out there in garage sales to keep you eyes out that are very reasonable in price if you truly need one for your son's room.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 8:14 PM on Sep. 10, 2010