How do you make new friends?

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 6:45 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Honestly...at work, where we are all sort of a captive audience and have to learn to get along. I can't do it outside of a captive audience type situation, cuz I need alot of time to get to know people.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:39 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Generally, I just let people know the aspects of my skill set. As soon as people find out how many things I can do and what they are, they can't wait to "be friends" with me so they can take advantage of me and not give back anything in return.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:02 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• on here and on facebook and go from there if we talk and hit it off and they live nearby.i am a stay at home mom so i dont get out much
    alyssa1

Answer by alyssa1 at 9:01 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Start talking to people. The ones who I connect with stick around and the ones I don't .. well don't.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:19 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Honestly, I haven't met a new friend in a while. I met a friend at work, through my ds's therapy (ot,st) and his ball team. But nothing really stuck, we chat on FB some times, but I really don't have any girlfriends.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:22 AM on Sep. 9, 2010