I'm 36 weeks and 4 days....

I woke up at 4:30 am and about 20 min later had a pretty good cramp.....then 10 min later a smaller one in my back.....then a big one again 8 min from there....and then every 7-8 min from there having some small and some medium fluxing from back to front....wth is going on?? Braxton hicks or the real deal? Their uncomfortable but by no means unbearible.

PANZONSMOM

Asked by PANZONSMOM at 6:50 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Take a walk, take a bath or lay on your left and drink lots of water. If you are having BHC's, they will slow down. If they are real contractions they will stay the same or intensify. Good Luck!
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 7:25 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Well at 36 weeks I myself would be hoping it was BH and so I would lay down and rest and see if they stop. If they don't then it is probably the real deal and I would then get up and help them along by walking, showering etc.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:33 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Read the following:

How can I tell the difference between Braxton Hicks and true labor contractions?

In the days or weeks before labor, Braxton Hicks contractions may intermittently become rhythmic, relatively close together, and even painful, possibly fooling you into thinking you're in labor. But unlike true labor, during this so-called false labor the contractions don't grow consistently longer, stronger, and closer together.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:55 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• it could be BH or real. you won't know until either you have your baby, or you don't! some women experience that for days or weeks before their baby is born. my mom was like that for a month before i was born. so hang in there & good luck! :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:16 AM on Sep. 9, 2010