At school; Were you a bully or have you been bullied?

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 6:54 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• I was bullied...tormented....teased....but things most definately have changed ;)
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 7:02 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• During elem. school and early middle school, I was subject to the same kind of catty BS with the social structures that start forming during those years, which some people now call bullying. I don't. Not that teasing and leaving people out and talking behind their backs is nice behavior, but IMO, it's normal for kids that age.
    However, in 7th and 8th grade, I was targeted by a girl who was one of the "popular" girls and she and her friends absolutely tormented me for 2 years. My life was hell. No one took it seriously either, but I will tell you one thing--it changed the course of my life. I think things would have gone very differently (and better) for me had I not had to endure that nightmare. It still hurts to think about it today. I will never, ever in a million years allow my daughters to go through anything like that.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:57 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• i was bullied. Turned me into the pessimistic, socio-phobic person I am today.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:35 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• none i wasnt really bullied every one got along with me and if they didnt they would just talk shit behind my back and when i would find out i would fight the class bully would never do anything to me
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 7:46 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Both. I wasn't one that technically instigated the bulling, but I still laughed at it and agreed with it then so I partook of it when I shouldn't have. I was also bullied school.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 8:12 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I was definitely bullied! Up until high school. I now home school, not specifically for this reason, but it contributed.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:15 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I was my own worst enemy. I had a battle between the bull and the bullied all by myself.
    Sure, there was one or two kids in my entire childhood who would say something insulting or try to be mean. But said person(s) didn't neccisarily bully. They did something mean/rude once and that was it. I definately was worse off in my own head then listening to anyone on the outside.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:17 AM on Sep. 9, 2010