Sensitive woman are they week ? What if Woman are just more sensitive to the pain ???! adult content

I DONT THINK SO ... they are just a lille bit emotional and fragil ...
what if Woman are more sensitive to the PAIN ??!!! ... well, the threshold of pain tolerance is lower than that of Men for sure. and this phenomenon has been confirmed by researchers showing that women have a greater number of receptors in the skin, giving them an increased sensitivity to pain. Following an operation, this gender difference should be integrated in the protocol for taking care of the pain. WHAT would u do for that ''PROTOCOL'' LADIES ? and what would u ADD to ptotect all weman ? at work and at home ;)

caramelH

Asked by caramelH at 7:37 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Health

• I believe there might be some merit to the study about sensitivity - which means as women we feel more, not that we can't take as much. I know things that I would physically feel do not even phase my husband because he doesn't feel them.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:27 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I have to disagree with you on this one. I think women can tolerate MORE pain than men!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 7:47 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• no more then sensitive men are "weak". Sometimes its the tough people that are trying to prove something or lack confidence in themselves.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:42 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Can't really help you on this one, I have a very high tolerance for pain. I left the hospital AMA after my 3rd c-section, post op 2 days, they cleared the baby and we left. Consequesntly they didn't give me a prescription for pain and I managed just fine. It hurt, but it was easily tolerable. So I don't find your statement to be true. I think most of it is not because women are genereally more sensitive, but women like to over dramatize things typically and its easy to do with pain. I just don't have time to worry about pain so I do what I can and move on. There are worse things. lol
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 7:42 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I think that study may have some merit to it. ( I would like to read it if you still know how to access it) however when it comes to general pain I think women can handle a lot more. My MIL NEVER takes any kind of pain reliever. Not when she has a severe tooth pain, which I have seen drop very strong men before, not for head aches migraines, she didn't even take any meds after she had eye surgery, and she just kept on with her day like it was normal. I think it really depends on the person as to how much pain they can endure.

sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 7:57 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• i have a high tolerance for pain myself..unless it comes to back pain i'm bitching. My husband is a pansy though...he cries about everything
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:03 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Wow,I always heard that women can tolerate pain much better than men.I simply can't imagine a man being able to handle the pain of child birth,for one example! Not to mention menstrual cramps!! I know for a fact I can tolerate pain much better than my husband can.Maybe it does have to do with the individual,rather than just the sex,but most men I've known are total wimps when it comes to pain.
    GingerKitten

Answer by GingerKitten at 8:06 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• @ mommy11260 ... well i agree too lolll
    caramelH

Comment by caramelH (original poster) at 7:53 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• @ sheloveearth : i found it on www.e-sante.fr and i wann to share it with cafemom ladies ;)
    caramelH

Comment by caramelH (original poster) at 8:07 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I think women historically can handle pain better for longer, they just verbalize it sooner than men do (imho)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:24 AM on Sep. 9, 2010