R'u traveling with car or via plane when u'r pregnant ?

Travelling by car is very tiring and the stationary position of the legs is absolutely not recommended for pregnant women.
and adjust your seat belt on your belly... Indeed, it will have to go under your belly so as not to cause shock to your abdomen . so ; you should be able to fly safely until the 7th month via plane ... and ther is some instructions ladies ;)

caramelH

Asked by caramelH at 7:49 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Health

• I've flown long distances and also rode in cars long distances while pg. (Flown from the Aleutian islands in the Bering Sea to CA while almost 7 mos pg, then we drove from CA to Newfoundland about 3 weeks later.)

I got up, walked around, stretched my legs, etc. on the flight and during layovers. We stopped frequently so that I could walk around, stretch my legs, etc. Plus, we were in a suburban so I wasn't all shoved in there and cramped. I also kept the seat belt adjusted safely. There were no problems with the pg or with my dd.

So honestly, yes, it can be bad to travel while pg if you don't do it properly, but if you DO do it properly, then it's not any more dangerous than, say, riding in your car to go to the grocery store... :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:47 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I drove but was in a roomy SUV. As long as a pregnant woman is taking enough breaks while in a car, she should be fine.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:52 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I flew until I was in my 9th month with both of my older kids, my OB said it was ok and I had to for work. I got up and stretched my legs, and the flight attendants were fantastic. I should mention that this was pre-9/11, and a lot of the rules changed since then. When I was preggo for my youngest, they wouldn't book me if I was past 7 months without a doctor's note. They also wouldn't let me roam around the cabin. As far as car rides go, I would just stop and stretch every now and again, it was easier than flying.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:58 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• i a gree ;)
    caramelH

Comment by caramelH (original poster) at 7:54 AM on Sep. 9, 2010