I need some answers?

I am 5 days late on my period and for some reason i feel like i am not going to start it. I thinking i am starting to feel pregnant. I took a pregnancy test and it came out neg. but i did some researching and it said that sometimes home preg. test cant detect pregnancy until your 5 weeks along. Is that true. because if so according to my last period i am 4 weeks ago if i am preg. please give me some advice.

mommytoobe2011

Asked by mommytoobe2011 at 7:55 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Call the doc and ask for a blood test...usually dont even need an appt for one and get the results within 24 hrs or so.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 7:56 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• go to your local clinic get blood work done i took three different pregnancy test and all came out negative i had the same feeling u did went to doctors and i was pregnant
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 7:58 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Maybe some pregnancy tests are that way. I like to use the Early Detection ones...in a pink box....

But a blood test will tell you for SURE!

I felt that way when I was pregnant. I usually could tell my period was coming in a few days...just had that "feeling" that is hard to describe...but when I was pregnant I didnt have that feeling.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:07 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Visit your doctor for a blood test.  GL

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:00 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• It can take 5 weeks to show a positive. Also, if your periods are irregular, it can take even longer. 4 weeks is assuming you have a regular 28 day cycle.
    You can take a blood test, but they're actually not any more accurate than a urine test, just an FYI. The lab uses the exact same test for blood or urine, and their test isn't any more sensitive than a home test.
    Do some research online to see which test detects the lowest hCG levels. hCG is the hormone the tests detect, and the levels double every day that you're pregnant (roughly), so each day, a test would be more likely to show a positive. Assuming you're pregnant.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:02 AM on Sep. 9, 2010