What type of bra did you wear when you were nursing? Where did you get it?

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 8:05 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had a couple from Target and some from Motherhood Maternity....I honestly liked the ones that had extra padding...it didnt matter what they were :)
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 8:12 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I actually found out by accident(couldn't find any nursing bras that were all cotton) the last few weeks of my pregnancy with my fourth so bought sprots bras "for now" found out after the baby came that I wasn't leaking like I had with my other babies...and yes if I just had a t shirt on at home I did leak...so ports bras it was from then on! Never used another nursing pad...hooray! Plus they are so easy just lift it up enough to nurse and then pull it back down,no hooks etc...either.
    cjsix

Answer by cjsix at 8:27 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I bought a couple from Walmart and a couple from Target - just the cheapie ones - since I was only planning on wearing them for a year!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 9:07 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• If you prefer nursing bras, I bought some from Target which were nice. Also, I bought some nursing tank tops where they give similar support to a bra. Currently, I am nursing, and I use a regular bra from VS.
    meam4444

Answer by meam4444 at 9:45 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• motherhood maternity. I got one to sleep in 1 to work out/casual bra and one nice black one for when I actually dress up a little to go out of the house :) I have heard to watch out for the reg. sports bras b/c if they are to tight against your chest it can block your milk
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 9:48 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I got the ones from target with padding and i had to add padding b/c i leaked like a sink.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:46 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I have a few different styles. I have softcup no wire ones for night, a regular wireless one, a couple with underwire, and a sports bra. All came from Motherhood. I had one from Target and I loved the way it fit, but the 2nd time I washed it the wires poked through.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:57 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I wore nursing tank tops that I got from Target. At home I would just wear the tank top and when I went out I would throw on a cardigan or shirt over top. They were really comfortable and good for sleeping in, too.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:12 PM on Sep. 9, 2010