How can I get my almost 15 month old to stop hurting himself?

Ok so my son has a temper and whenever he gets really upset he starts hitting his head on things, I have tried to pay no attention and walk away but that doesn’t seem to stop him from doing to again. He does stop when he has gotten a good hit. This is my first child and Im told that Im pretty laid back for my first but Im afraid he is really going to hurt himself because just the other day he started to hit his head on the chine cabinet. Please any suggests... Help!

sarachristine07

Asked by sarachristine07 at 10:19 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• u cant my son does the samething they do it to get u to look robert does it all the time when hes mad or introuble he will grow out of it
    boppysmom2007

Answer by boppysmom2007 at 10:22 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• OMG! well first of all DON'T TAKE IT LIGHTLY,and DON'T WALK AWAY he could hurt himself bad by doing that.
    Calm him down talk to him nicely, and caress his head and tell him in a very loving manner not to it. Hold him nicely and talk to him. SHOW HIM LOVE AND AFFECTION!! until he settles, do this method as many times as it takes until he forget this awful habit.
    Good luck
    chicmami

Answer by chicmami at 10:39 PM on Oct. 14, 2008