for the ladies who have dealt with men with horrible BO

What, if anything has worked? A specific deodorant, bodywash, anything? My dad smells so bad. He takes a bath sometimes twice a day but his BO could knock a buzzard off a sh*t truck at 100 yards. I can't go in the kitchen when he's in there, and when he takes my 8 month old and I get him back I have to give him a bath cause he smells just like the old man. Any ideas? I have bought him that special "man bodywash" but his BO just laughs at that.

mhaney03

Asked by mhaney03 at 8:40 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Health

• Does he drink? He may have a liver disorder or kidney problem or even be a diabetic. Take him or make him go to a doctor for this problem. GL
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:42 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• yeah my husband smelled really bad when he would come home from feild ops and stuff when he was in the marine corps. I buy him swagger from Old spice it works wonders!
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 8:42 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• no he doesn't drink at all but he is on a lot of meds for other stuff
    mhaney03

Comment by mhaney03 (original poster) at 8:45 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• If the BO is truly as bad as you say it is, I would be wary of something more serious than hygiene. Let me know later, how this turns out and call his doctor today. Just tell them what you said here, and see what they say. If he is a diabetic or has hypertension, you need to have him evaluated soon.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:11 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• there is some extra strength deodarant it is stronger than other on the shelves and that might help if not i would try to give him some cologne so he can put some on to die down the smell. he might want to go see a doc too
    meliscool72

Answer by meliscool72 at 11:00 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My mom had the same problem her whole life.The only deodarant that helped her was Mitchum.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 1:27 PM on Sep. 9, 2010