scared to test........

okay so I was expecting AF on Monday the 13th and couldnt help but take a test on Sat. the 11th and it was BFN. I have some preggo symptoms but also some cramping here and there. My DH wants to retest tomorrow but I'm kinda sick of seeing BFN. I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else and had a happy ending? Oh and I use a digital test, any thought on those?

Mrs.Z32

Asked by Mrs.Z32 at 10:41 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• bfn?....
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 10:42 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Victina- big fat negative :)
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 10:42 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• sweetie, you tested before you even missed your period! :) either retest or wait a few more days.

All the docs can do until you are 12 weeks is tell you take prenatals and weigh you :) so take your vitamins and just wait it out if you want.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 10:44 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I know I tested early but this is our 4th month trying, and for those ladies trying for a lot longer I know it not a long time, but I don't have a lot of time left. I will be 39 in a few months. Thanks I guess I will retest at least for DH. I just can't stand to let him down again :(
    Mrs.Z32

Answer by Mrs.Z32 at 10:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• don't get disheartened sweetie! :) some women get negatives until they are 12 weeks + pregnant.

flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 10:53 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I tested on the day my af was due and it was neg so I waited a few days later and re-tested using a digital pregnancy test and it was positive. My son is now 13 months! Good luck to you!
    myfamilymylife2

Answer by myfamilymylife2 at 10:54 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• thanks flutter fae!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 11:54 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I've never used a digital test... I always used First Response & I've had no complaints. I know that it's frustrating to see the BFP's time after time... We tried for about 4 months before conceiving, too, and while that doesn't seem like long to some, it seems like forever when you already know that you're going to have to wait another 40 weeks AFTER the bfp! Good luck!

An afterthought---- have you seen your doctor? I have polycystic ovaries & didn't even realize it until I went. They gave me some medicine to help regulate my periods, and I was able to conceive a couple of months later! Anyway, if it's taking longer than you'd like, it couldn't hurt to ask the doc to just be sure everything's working properly.
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 1:42 AM on Oct. 15, 2008