How can make my toddler's 2nd B-DAY SPECIAL?

So, my baby boy is turning TWO next month. We had a wonderful event for his FIRST birthday, and we also had great event this past August for his Christening.
Needless to say, we are not doing another big event for his 2nd birthday, but I do want SOMETHING SPECIAL for my prince.
Any suggestions mommies??

chicmami

Asked by chicmami at 10:50 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Is there anywhere that he likes to go? Like Chucky Cheese or swimming? Pick something that he would enjoy (I recommend the zoo if you have one close) and make it a day where he gets mommy and daddy's undivided attention.
    mommie_2boys

Answer by mommie_2boys at 12:15 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• We just celebrated my son's second birthday this last weekend.
    Maybe it will give you some ideas.
    We started the 'festivities' by going to a pumpkin patch (could be subituted with sleding, picking berries, petting zoo...) where he got to play around and pick out his halloween pumpkin.
    Then we went to the store, and he got to pick out some new shoes (he really loves shoes. I dont know why).
    Then we went home, and had some family over, and we ate dinner. then we blew up some big 'punching balloons' and the kids played with them.
    Cup cakes.
    Presents.
    Movie.
    Bed.
    I think he had a great time. I don't know if he really remembers what we did, but he sure did enjoy his day.
    I think that the most important thing is to do whatever you kid likes to do most.
    Beasic

Answer by Beasic at 1:07 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Invite a few people that you see all of the time. ie grandparents, aunts, uncles, maybe a close friend. Have the party in the afternoon so you don't have to buy anything buy cake and icecream. Have the cake, plates, and a balloon bunch in their favorite character. At this age they aren't going to remember it, plus you can't do anything long because they will get cranky
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 6:52 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• How about "my gym" "Chuck e cheese " the have locations in both N.Y & N.J. I have been looking also Damian's 2 B-Day is in December. Good Luck :)
    romeo

Answer by romeo at 9:37 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Aww, thank you mommies all of these are great ideas.!! We did go to the zoo this summer and he did LOVE petting animals.. I think I may do that.. and I love the cup cakes idea also.
    Thanks again ladies!! =0)
    chicmami

Answer by chicmami at 11:30 PM on Oct. 17, 2008