Hello Mommies! I am currently 8 weeks into my first pregnancy. I had a little bleeding and went to get checked out just to be safe. It turns out that the ultrasound picture (the sac) was not developed enough to be able to see a possible problem. The doctor said that you should be able to tell at 4 or 5 weeks. Since I am 8 weeks, she said this could be a possible miscarriage. Has anyone experienced this?

cj93082

Asked by cj93082 at 10:54 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• YES ABOUT 4 YRS AGO THAT HAPP 2 ME AND MY DOCTOR TOLD ME 2 LET NATURE TAKES IT COURSE AND SURE ENUF AROUND 8 WEEKS I MISCARRIED THEY CALL IT A BLITED OVUM I THINK THERES A SAC BUT NO BABY I HOPE THATS NOT WHATS HAPPENENNING 2 U GOOD LUCK MISCARRIAGES ARE ALWAYS HARD IM 7 WEEKS NOW AND IM HAVING A SONOGRAM 2MORO AND IM JST PRAYING THE C THE HEARTBEAT
    kim2316

Answer by kim2316 at 10:58 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I would say everyone is different.

I started bleeding at 6 weeks pregnant with my son and bled for almost 2 months. I had a sponge-like cervix that bled if it was bumped, but before I knew that I had to come to term with the fact that if I was miscarrying, there was nothing that I could do really. With this pregnancy I spotted for 2 weeks. At the time I thought I was 10 - 12 weeks, but turns out I was 6 - 8 weeks. My midwife said it could just be my cervix closing, causing bleeding like I had with my first (the bleeding was clotted like a period). But I haven't had any issues and I am 15 weeks now.

I hope everything is okay with you and your baby. My advice would be don't stress to much, it can cause your body to do weird things.

reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:30 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• the same happened to me at 8 weeks they couldn't tell on the reg. U/S, and they did one of vaginal U/S and the baby was ok they said it was a threatened miscarriage. they also did blood work.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 11:41 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• My heart goes out to you. At 8 weeks we were diagnosed with a blighted ovum. That is where the egg sac develops but the baby does not. My doctor sent me home to wait to officially miscarry but I ended up having to have a D&C a couple of months later. I wish you the best!
    bulldogb

Answer by bulldogb at 11:46 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• i experience that exact same thing as bulldogb 3 years ago. its horrible and im sorry its happening to you and that it happens to anyone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Oct. 15, 2008