painful back pain

im just hitting 7 months (28weeks) and i get offel offel back pain. I had some back pain prior to preg. but this isjust offel it almost makes me want to cry! i dont want to take any meds that can hurt my baby and tylonal just doesnt cut it. are there any home remidies or anything like that?

jennymartin

Asked by jennymartin at 10:55 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• poor thing! it's most likely due to the relaxin your body is releasing so your ligaments are all softer, nothing is really gonna help. You can try sleeping in different positions, I had to sleep in a recliner for the last 2 months of my last pregnancy. Don't stand for too long at a time.
    Anonymous

• i use a hot wash cloth. or a frozen one. i get it wet and put it in the freezer for 10 minutes then its froze just enough. or if you dont have a heat pack and dont want to use a heating pad. get a washcloth just damp and put it in the microwave for like 15 seconds. it will be steaming hot. it feels wonderful. i am not as far along as you but i have horrible pains just above my tailbone. that is the only thing that seems to really help me. give it a shot. the best part is that it is free. you dont have to buy those heat pads or anything.
    chevygirl2007l

Answer by chevygirl2007l at 11:23 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• thanks it seems to happen if sit to long and esp when i lay down at nite. my dr said its part due to my pelvic bone treaching and getting ready. i ws like g thankst that still doesnt help me LOL! I feel like i have been bent over at the waste holdn something heavt all day.
    jennymartin

Answer by jennymartin at 11:28 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• oh yes mine kills me when i lay down at night. i have to wiggle around to get comfy. yep i have the same pain you just described. i sit all day at my new job so at night when i stretch out to lay down its awful. and doesnt get any better when i have to get out of bed during the night. try the cloth it may at least make it easier to get to sleep. i think hot works better than cold
    chevygirl2007l

Answer by chevygirl2007l at 11:30 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I have posted this in couple posts like this, but I am an advocate for chiropractors. Along with helping ease pain, it can help with your labor.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:36 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I am 28wks also and have been having horrible back pain. My husband finally made me go to the chiropractor and I feel sooooooo much better!
    FertMert

Answer by FertMert at 11:38 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Do you sleep on your side with a pillow between your legs? I have chronic back pain, which is intesified in my thrid trimester. Sleeping with a pillow between my legs at night, doesnt get rid of the pain, but I feel better than the nights where I slept with out the pillow.
    Good luck with the back pain! I just go through it, and take a tylonal at night to try to dull it enough so i can sleep. haha. pregnancy isn't always fun.
    Beasic

Answer by Beasic at 1:15 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• My cyatic nerve pain was TERRIBLE! I went to the chiropractor and was fixed up in a cinch! pheww! :-D
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:26 AM on Oct. 15, 2008