What experience does Obama have to offer to our military and as Commander in Chief?

Has he served his country in any of the branches? What experience does he have to offer this country when dealing with foreign nations? List his qualifications that would make him the best candidate as Commander in Chief?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• you do know that the president doesn't actually go and fight right? and do you know bush never serve?
    Anonymous

• Nothing.
    Anonymous

• That is a wonderful question. I have found very little experience Obama has in "leading". This brings us back to Joe Biden saying in the Primaries, "The Presidency does NOT lend itself to ON THE JOB TRAINING".

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:13 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• he has absolutly nothing to offer the military or this country for that matter.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 11:15 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Yes...I do know that the president doesn't actually go and fight....and do you know that the President isn't called the Commander in Chief for nothing? He will be a part of the process...do you not think the President will not have close contact with the generals and military officials? Anyway, the question was "What experience does Obama have to offer the military (generals, etc.) and as Commander in Chief?
    Anonymous

• Anonymous #1. We aren't talking about Bush, we are talking about Obama. What LEADERSHIP experience has he had to prove he is prepared to be Commander and Chief? I would seriously like to know. Please provide proof.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:16 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• i have to laugh that teh same ones questioning obama's military leadership are bush lovers. definitely not worth my time. bye
    Anonymous

• Hmmm, I didn't support Bush and am not a Republican. I'm a registered Democrat who has watched our party get hijacked by the same type of cronies that are involved in the Bush administration, only flip side of the coin as they are Democrats that have their dirty hands in the corruption barrel. I did not vote for Obama.
    Anonymous

• When my party showed me the possible nominees that could land on the ballot, I did my research and Obama didn't earn my confidence, because the things this country needs in it's next leader is the ability to be BIPARTISAN and EXPERIENCE. Neither can be linked to Obama, but the leadership of the DNC only would see him as their candidate--so since they corrupted the political playing field I casted my early vote NOT for Obama, because to stick with the party for the sake of the party equals ignorant. You don't hire someone with no experience to fix a mess in a business do you? Why would I hire someone with no experience to lead our country and responsibly lead our military---Bush too was inexperienced have we not learned?
    Anonymous

• Do you know how Republicans like to insinuate that Democrats always cut funding of the military and downsize the military. Well, we know that it is not true, the military received nice sized payraises under the Clinton administration, Clinton himself pushed through legislation that aimed to save the jobs of deployed Reservists who were coming home from the Gulf to find that business were finding loopholes to let these military members go. However, Obama is not a moderate liberal, he is a Radical Left-wing Liberal, which is the equivalent to Bush being a Conservative Right-wing neocon, and radical left ideology means military cutback, which will be awful during such horrible economy times.
    Anonymous