• In the Spotlight:

Anybody else not against gay marriage but still not comfortable with it?

I'll vote for it because I do believe in equal rights and that you should marry who you love but at the same time when I see it I still get uncomfortable. Is anyone else like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• No.
    Anonymous

• Your feelings are natural. I'm sure the majority of the people who voted in civil rights matters were also uncomfortable. They were rational enough to know everyone deserved equal rights, but uncomfortable with the impending change. Stereotypes run deep, and even if you aren't racist or bigoted by any means, people you grew up with might have been, and thus you may have a little anxiety. It just takes time.
    MamaLion82007

Answer by MamaLion82007 at 11:20 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• The idea of a man with a man or a woman with a woman makes me feel a little squidgy inside, I admit it. But that's okay, and my discomfort with homosexual sex does not in any way give me a say in whether or not a loving, consensual couple should be allowed to get married. "It's icky" is a pathetic reason to discriminate.
    bluecrayon

Answer by bluecrayon at 12:35 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I don't. I've been to my uncle's gay wedding when i was 12 or 13...it didn't bother me. I thought it was kinda cool! What's wrong with showing the whole world who you love and want to spend the rest of your life with?
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 12:37 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• did you ever wonder if watching straight people make out at the mall, beach, stop light, grocery store, park, traffic, walmart, denist, doctors, ect makes gay people feel uncomfortable? at least you can give your husband a peck on the cheek goodbye and say I love you to him without getting dirty looks....I can only tell my girlfriend (in public) that I'll see her later like she was just my friend so as not to "OFFEND" anyone. I thank everyone who supports us and our quest for equal rights but to those against us I ask this...how would you feel if the tables were turned and being straight wasnt the norm...how would you feel if we tried to make it against the law for you to marry your husband, because marrying someone of the opposite sex was considered gross, disgusting, or against the bible??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• i do believe everyone should be able to marry who they want. but i dont believe its ok to force this belief onto children that are not our own. i dont think religion or evolution or gay or straight marriage should be talked about at school with children. the law that is trying to get passed says that no minister can say "husband and wife" anymore. they could get their license taken away if they do, no matter if its in a church even. i think thats going way too far!
    moomoosmama

Answer by moomoosmama at 1:28 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• i dont agree with the whole gay thing but do have gay friends whatever floats their boat and if they want to get married more power to them they should be able to have the rights as everyone else as far as claiming spouse for taxes and and insurance at work
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• im ok with the whole gay thing but not too sure about them getting married thats a tough one to answer for me cause i can see both sides of it
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 1:51 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• . the law that is trying to get passed says that no minister can say "husband and wife" anymore. they could get their license taken away if they do, no matter if its in a church even.

ok im confused on this did i miss something or am i reading it wrong ...please explain
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• i wouldnt worry about offending ppl Answered at 12:40 AM on Oct. 15, 2008 by: Anonymous
    if its a hug and kiss and a luv ya i see no problem. the thing that offends me is the whole heavy petting and making out i dont care if the couple is straight or gay i dont want to see that.
    i give my female friends hugs and kissed on the cheeks when i tell them bye i get nasty looks and i dont care btw im straight ....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Oct. 15, 2008