Need help getting my 10 month old to take a bottle/cup

I have been blessed enough to not have to work since my daughter was born so she has been exclusively breastfed (solids introduced at 7 months) from day 1.
I am now needing to return to work in the next month (only option) and she still will not drink from anything but the breast. I and others have tried introducing it to her at least once a month since she was 2 months old.
I've been working with her but now I have job interviews and I am worried that she will be freaking out during my whole shift and I will have to leave work on the first day!
Can anyone help?
P.S. She also still wakes 2 times in the night to feed so night shift isn't a much better option.

MommyKKay

Asked by MommyKKay at 9:09 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try not to give in to her with the breast try for a day that you are home with her and have time for this. But try feeding her in the morning toast or something and then when she gets thirsty hand her a cup or a bottle and see what she does eventually she will get thirsty enough she will drink out of the cup or bottle try and see what happens best of luck to you
    mommy2b924

Answer by mommy2b924 at 9:32 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Just keep trying. : ) Maybe diluted baby juice in a sippy? Try different styles of cups, spouts, nipples, etc
    dragonlady320

Answer by dragonlady320 at 9:26 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I agree with keep trying different cups. I had the same issue but i still nursed @ nite sometime. Dont give her the breast any during the day.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:42 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I started giving my son little sips of my water out of a regular cup about that age. Will he take a sip out of your cup? That may encourage him to drink out of a sippy if he tastes it and likes it.

Answer by missanc at 10:52 AM on Sep. 9, 2010