how do i potty train and bottle break my 2 year old?

my 2 almost3 year old daughter hasnt been potty trained or bottle broke yet. now, keep in mind im 50 years old and my youngest child is 25. i havent been threw these two things in along time. im alittle rusty at all this. any advice anyone could give me would be appreciated..

cascee

Asked by cascee at 12:07 AM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• for me i got the royal potty chair and when there half asleep just waking up from a nap or from the morning i put themo on it and for the bottle i toke all the bottles out of the house put them in a box and toke him to toys rus and traded it for a very kewl toy i bought it first but they didn't know that
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 12:14 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• bottle - cold turkey

potty training - don't push her, but encourage her. wait for her to WANT to got potty in the potty. then when she wants to potty in the potty and she does, HAVE A POTTY PARADE!!! lol! these worked for my kids!!! (well, i still have yet to potty train my youngest - he just turned 2, and he's not ready just yet)
    dannersmell

Answer by dannersmell at 5:03 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• For Potty Training - I used a Chart System. Print out a Free Potty Chart by going to www.google.com and type in Free Printable Potty Charts. Then buy some stickers. Let your little one know if they Pee they get ONE sticker and if Poopy they get TWO stickers. Then at the end of the week = Friday, take your little one shopping for a Prize! ----------- For Bottle Breaking, just take the bottle away Cold Turkey!!! Offer those kid cups that has the Straw, comes in Dora, Diego, Elmo, and other characters. Little ones loves the straws better then sippys, so give that a try. Good Luck! :)
    Anonymous

• Don't do both at once. These will be big changes in her life.

For the bottle, cold turkey is best. Pick a day a week or two away, mark it on a calendar in big letters, and let her know that on that day, she will be too big for bottles. You can tell her that the "bottle fairy" will take them to a new baby who needs them (or some variation) is you want. Every morning and before bedtime, show her the calendar and remind her that the big day is coming. When the big day comes, have the bottles GONE. No backing out, no giving in. Simply remind her that they are gone. If you give in, you will undo a lot of self-confidence and belief in her "big-girl" self.

For the potty training, babycenter.com has lots of good ideas. The best thing I've seen for older toddlers is to have them be responsible for cleaning up their own accidents. She's old enough to use a rag. You can use the cleaners if you prefer but she is old enough to use them with help and supervis
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:01 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• first only put water in the bottle .put juice and milk in sippy or regular cup. then only give bottle at bedtime then when she is used to sippy take the bottle and give her a sippy at bedtime. she has to be ready to use potty dry when she wakes up from bed and naps. able to pull up and down pants knows when she goes and can tell you that she has a dirty diaper.
    jaes347

Answer by jaes347 at 3:52 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• MY DAUGHTER GOES TO SCHOOL SO THAT KINDA HELPS OUT WITH POTTY TRAINING .BUT WHEN SHE IS IN THE HOUSE I JUST PUT ON HER PANTIES AND I SAY EVERY 15 MINTUES LETS GO TO THE POTTY .AND I TELL HER IF YOU WANNA BE PRINCESS YOU HAVE TO PEE IN THE POTTY .AND AS FAR AS BOTTLE BREAKING I WALKED HER OVER TO THE GARBAGE CAN AT 2 AND TOLD HER TO THROW IT IN AND WHEN SHE WOULD WANT TO DRINK SOMETHING I WOULD JUST GIVE HER A SIPPY CUP.AFTER A COUPLE OF DAY'S IT WAS A GO.WISH YOU LUCK YOU CAN DO IT
    coco1981

Answer by coco1981 at 3:11 PM on Jul. 5, 2008