dumb question

I know this is kind of a silly questiong but do you have to tell your landlord your are having a baby. Are there any laws about it. We had trouble getting the house because of our kids. they said we probably wouldnt be happy and leave.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• no you don't have to tell them...
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 11:12 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• due to laws, it's not like they can kick you out because you have another child. so I'd say no. But you may want to look into your state's laws on the subject.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 11:12 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• its against the law to descriminate due to that.
    Anonymous

• you shouldnt even have a problem getting a house because of kids. thats discrimination. they cant do that. its none of their business. thats not part of any lease known to man. in my honest opinion it sounds like you have bad land lords
    chevygirl2007l

Answer by chevygirl2007l at 11:20 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• no you dont have to but you might want to alot of landlords would like to know so they know how many people arein the house. or apartment.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 11:22 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I told my landlord that we were having a baby, just because we live in an apartment complex, and I wanted them to be aware in case someone made noise complaints about a screaming baby. But they told me that while they appreciated it, they said it was not necessary to do unless the child is age 18 or older. (Rules may vary per state)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:27 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Yes they can kick you out if they deem that the domicile is too small for such and such amount of kids. I have seen it happen quite legally.
    Anonymous

• Before we moved into another area, we avoided telling our landlord until the last minute. It wasn't because we were afraid he'd kick us out or anything...he was just a very anti-woman person and we were afraid he'd hate me or think I was "taking advantage" of my boyfriend. We told him about my pregnancy after we moved out (my boyfriend's brother still lives in the complex), and it turns out that YES, he does think I'm taking advantage of my boyfriend.

Stupid women haters xP
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:56 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• the only time they are supposed to be allowed to kick you out of a place for having too many people is if they determine there is more than one family living in a single family home. given they do have regulation about how many people can fit in a single family home depending on the number of bedrooms. ok i guess we should ask how many rooms are in this place ;and how many kids do you have. that may help. and look up landlord tenant laws in your state.
    chevygirl2007l

Answer by chevygirl2007l at 12:03 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• i have 2 boys with my husband in a two bedroom, with the possibility of three ( the laundry room is huge and the boys room is a huge L shaped room. I also have a stepson on someweekends. there is enough room in there room two twin size beds and the crib and they all have there own fairly large corner due to the shape of the room.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Oct. 15, 2008