can you take a darvocet when preg?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Taken off a site online:

I have been having BAD headaches daily. Mine are in the front and both sides of the temple. My Dr. says they should subside after 22 weeks. She prescribed Darvocet for me since Tylonel is not helping at all!! I haven't filled my prescription yet since I'm not sure if it's a good thing to take even though she assures me""

"I took Darvocet my last 2 pregnancies for headaches. Prescribed by my ob. They also gave me some after the birth of all 3 of my kids."

As with all medications, you should discuss it with your ob before taking it during pregnancy. Your OB knows what's best for you, and your baby. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:31 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I wouldn't do it myself. I had surgery at 7 months pregnant and wouldn't take anything stronger than tylenol. I had to go back for more surgery after she was born a couple of months later and I took pain pills then but not before then.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:33 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I was actually prescribed it while pregnant for severe headaches. I had no problems with it.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:50 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Thanks So much I was asking b/c i am 4 days late and i have already took like 4 darvocets this week they are for headaces and I was scared if i was preg it might have harmed the baby IF i am preg.....the test said neg yesterday but still have not started.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:38 AM on Sep. 9, 2010