How true is it that your body can trick you into thinking that you are pregnant because you want it so bad?

MamaCortney

Asked by MamaCortney at 9:37 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Very true.. I thought I was pregnant like the 3 months before I got pregnant.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:38 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I've been late on a period bc I thought I was pregnant and I got it after I saw a neg test I've never been late except when pregnant so I really thought I was
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 9:55 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Oh yeah definitely
    Grits0519

Answer by Grits0519 at 9:56 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I have also missed a period and had breast tenderness and nausea. For awhile, I even had muscle spasms in my abdomen that felt like fetal movement. This went on through 5 months and about 20 negative pregnancy tests. I don't know what caused it.
    faeriechilde

Answer by faeriechilde at 10:46 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• sounds like me but i get my period abdomen movements nausea dizziness breast tenderness an even milk took so many test and all is negative really want a ultrasound jsut to be sure it drives you krazy not knowing the cause
    kai302

Answer by kai302 at 10:52 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Very true. I've done it a couple of times, and I've seen it in other women. And I think we've all seen it on here! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:57 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Very true. With our second child, my husband and I tried for 5 months before getting pregnant. And during that time, I'd start feeling nauseated about two to three days before my period was due (this was never a PMS symptom before). Then my period would come and I'd be disappointed. The month I found out I was pregnant I didn't get nauseated.
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 3:34 PM on Sep. 10, 2010