Has anyone used Proactive?

My son has a real bad acne problem and I have considered buying it. I just would like to know if anyone else has tryed it and what the results were. If this would be worth the money to buy it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Shopping

• Some of these responses crack me up "It's an annoying routine". As if washing your face just once takes care of your skin all week! Yes, I use proactiv daily; and I love it! I had really, really bad acne through my mid 30s. Since using proactiv, my skin has evened out in tone, it's much smoother, much less oily, and I feel free to go out in public without make up. I highly recommend it!!!
    ChefMom94

Answer by ChefMom94 at 7:16 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I bought it and used it, It worked but it kinda got annoying to me that its a system and you CANNOT miss a application. Once I got off of it, the acne came right back. If he doesnt mind using it FOREVER lol then its a good product.
    Anonymous

• I tried proactive & it did nothing for me. My sister tried it & she seemed to like it but it is a routine & can be a pain. Have you taken him to a skin Doctor? I would find out if it's just his Hormones & if that is the case you could be buying a lot of stuff off the shelves just to find out that they don't work. My Dr. put me on a pill called spiralactone & finally...I found something that worked for me. It's positive because they do take your blood work to see if this would work for you & then when you go back for the next visit they check it again. I'm not saying that this will be something for him but I would definitely find out if its a change in his body or oily/dry/skin. There's a big difference & by the time you spend on products, you could have paid for a office visit.
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 11:38 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• It worked for me for about4 weeks - BUT I LOVE THEIR MASK product - it is awesome. A little dab really does make pimples go away almost over night. I went back to Murad, I like it better, it doesn't dry out my skin.
    AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 11:45 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• i used one time and it work really good next time i buy it it dry my skin so bad the i couldnt put any make up for real my face look so bad so i dont recommended

Anonymous

• My husband used it when he was a teenager. He had really bad acne and said it didn't work well for him.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 12:41 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• My sister used it and it works to a point. She has extremely oily skin though so proactive isn't always enough and she uses other stuff on top of it.
    Sidenote- The town my parent's live in has a Proactive Vending machine in the mall!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:10 PM on Oct. 15, 2008