Would you be in the wedding?..

A girl.. I'm kinda friends with.. is getting married.. My SO is the best man & she wants me to be in the wedding also.. EVERYBODY knows that they will not make it..he cheats ALL the time & she knows it.. she is just in denial. Would you spend the money on all the things needed to be in the wedding knowing it isn't going to work or would you politely decline?

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 9:43 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Your SO is in the wedding so just look at it as something fun you two can participate in together. Regardless of popular opinion they are still having a wedding and have asked you to be a part of their special day. I'd just go and support them and wish them the best.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:53 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I don't think you should be in a wedding you have this many negative feelings about!! Being in a wedding is more about you giving you support to the bride and groom then spendingthe money on a dress and all that stuff.
    countryhotmama

Answer by countryhotmama at 9:49 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• You know, coming from the other side. no one thought dh and I would make it past one year. we've been married 5 years now and have to boys. And the only ppl in my family who came to my wedding was my parents. none of my friends would come. He sister was my maid of honor, I barely knew her but she was the only person I could use since no one else would come let alone be in the wedding. and it still hurts me when I think about it. Maybe ppl didn't agree with us getting married but why couldn't they just be there to be happy for me?
    MsLouLou

Answer by MsLouLou at 9:50 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• politely decline ;) no drama is my motto ;)! i have had friends like this in the past and still see these people with all kinds of dysfunction.. drinking, cheating and kid situation.. never works out. Just say something like you can't afford it.. i'm sure you can come up with a good excuse ;)
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 10:25 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• MsLouLou.. he cheats on her all the time.. and they break up all the time.. I mean, I just don't really want to waste all that money on a definite failed marriage. You just have to know this couple to know what Im talking about.. They are both very immature.. & they already have a child that they don't take care of. He is too worried about drinking and screwing other girls and shes too worried about stalking him.
    SuperrMommyy

Comment by SuperrMommyy (original poster) at 9:53 AM on Sep. 9, 2010