Church to host 12 hour Koran reading on 9-11

A local church is hosting this event in direct response to the "burn the koran" church. It is a Universalist Unitarian Church. "This isn't about promoting Islam," said Rev. Todd Eklof. "We want to promote freedom of religion and equality, which is supposed to be the American way."
Thoughts?

http://www.wlky.com/news/24936643/detail.html

MissAlisabeth

Asked by MissAlisabeth at 9:48 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• good

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:49 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Good for them!
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 10:00 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I guess they have to do something to proof that we all do not believe in burning the Koran.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:00 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• can they pray for rain to hit florida, too?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:03 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I'll take positive actions over violent and hateful reactions, any day. Hate is insidious and eats away at body, mind and soul. What a miserable, waste of the short life granted.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:12 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I think its great. Something more people should do,maybe. Perhaps, for example, instead of having 9/11 stand for some sort of "anti-Islam day", as we see from so many, we could try to have people focus on learning the truth about Islam... I think its something that would make a positive statement. I'm not talking about being "pro-Islam", lol but about showing that we're willing to educate ourselves, move past our prejudice...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:15 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Good for them!!! This just might help me decide where I want to go to church. The Universalists are extremely open minded and accepting of all views and opinions.
    Any church that agrees with burning another religion's holy book needs to admit that they are not really a church.....example is that "Dove church" with the nutcase,Jones, who wants to burn Qurans.They aren't a church...they are just a bunch of bigots who get together in a building.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:17 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I just hope this church gets as much attention as that idiot Quar'an burner. But somehow I doubt it.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:19 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I am all for it. An act to show not everyone, not all christians are anti-islam. Granted I don't know anything about this denomination of church but i'm assuming they aren't muslim lol. I have read some of the Koran. My friend dated a muslim and had one that i flipped through. Sure there are shocking messages in there that are degrading or violent. The same way i would react if i had just picked up a bible for the first time and read it. There are some very hateful and spiteful things in there also. But i'm use to the bible and know we don't literally practice killing our children or selling our daughters.
    MissAlisabeth

Comment by MissAlisabeth (original poster) at 10:22 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• That's the spirit of Christianity that I was taught

♥ & respect

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:22 AM on Sep. 9, 2010