I need some good ideas for Preschool Snacks? What do you put it in? Ideas??

I need some good Preschool snack ideas. What do you send your toddler to preschool with? What do you put it in?? I am new to this all & my Son is starting next week and he is going for 2 1/2 hours 3 days a week & I am going grocery shopping tomorrow so do you have any good ideas??? Thanks so much!!

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 9:51 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter is in preschool & we are required to send snacks for the entire class..and they must be in the store bought container.. It sounds like each parent in your son's school is just to send individual student snacks? If so, I would recommend graham crackers, cheese-its, pretzels, string cheese.. & you could just put them in a really good zip lock bag (with the zipper).. easy open & easy close for him.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:57 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My daughter is in PreK 3, so alot of her food is provided, but we do a snack when she gets home & it usually is something healthy like celery, apple slices, grapes, strawberries. We sometimes have dry cheerios, or goldfish crackers also. I don't know how good your son is at using a spoon but you could also send in some of the fruit in a cup or applesauce. They also have little bottles of water that KG (my daughter) just adores. Why not let him go with you to the store & choose a special snack for himself? I find that when I let my daughter choose, she actually will go for the healthier stuff. Good luck & congrats on this big step :)
    KristensMoM305

Answer by KristensMoM305 at 10:12 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• =) You're welcome!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:04 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• When my grandkids come over they like to snack. What I do is slice up apples, take the skin off and stick them in a sandwhich baggie. Also they love to snack on Honeynut Cheerios and you can also baggie them. And you can also go to PILSBURY.COM and they have a section on there for easy kids snacks.
    Dolotuc

Answer by Dolotuc at 10:06 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• it a headache trust i just switched my child daycare because they dont proved lunches or heat up lunches for kids and my daughter is 2 and its hard for kids her age to eat lunchables and a sandwich everyday it was hard tryna figure out what to pack for lunch that doesnt require heating so i found a daycare that provides lunches made my work week much easier
    kai302

Answer by kai302 at 10:21 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I have 3 girls that go to school and do snacks. Nothing homemade. They say healthy snacks. Here are a few my girls like to take . Fruit snacks, raisins, cookies, gronala,yoguat,trail mix,goldfish,grahamcrackers,cereal,pretzels. Halloween is a good time to buy either during the season or check after holday sales. You can buy them all ready in bags to go. I will even do for the school snacks and even buy for girl scouts. Hope gave you some ideas.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 10:28 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• yogurt? fruit?
    san78

Answer by san78 at 11:14 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• String cheese, goldfish, cut up fruit & grapes, gram crackers, fruit bars
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 12:54 PM on Sep. 10, 2010

• cheese or meat cubes, crackers, fruit cut up, yogurt, pretzles, popcorn (or puffcorn), celery with peanut butter, carrots and dip... rasins, other dried fruits... make your own "trail mix" with things your kiddo likes... bananas are easy too...
    we have to provide snack for 13 kids... my girls are lactose intolerant so no milk... and there is a peanut allergy... so there isn't much!
    asil

Answer by asil at 10:26 PM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Thanks SuperrMommyy! Yes, he has to bring a snack just for himself, those are good ideas!! Thanks!
    ILovemyPaulie

Comment by ILovemyPaulie (original poster) at 10:01 AM on Sep. 9, 2010