why is my son only bad when he is around me?

Okay lets see i have a 16month old son name cameron he loves me and his daddy and his grandparents and cousins and pretty much of the time i am home with him all day then some at night. Well durning the day he does things that my husband or my mom never seen him do before! or when i am home he does something that they neve seen him do. Pretty much here is the store i bring him out to eat he does not want to sit nor listen to me. Throws his food but when his dad takes him out just him and my son my son acts great why is this is it because i stay home with him all day but now for the last 5weeks my husband been staying home but does not get out of bed half of the time so pretty much i am feeding him,bathin him, and everything!!!

babycameron711

Asked by babycameron711 at 11:23 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 2 things comes to mind: He's more secure around you and is testing the boundaries and seeing if you mean what you say; say what you mean. Oh yes they test boundaries when they are that little. And/Or he has gotten away with it before and is doing it again, because he got away with it before.....
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 11:30 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Because he loves and trusts you more. He knows you won't mistreat him for misbehaving. He knows you will love him no matter what. And yes, he's testing the boundaries. He wants to know - at what point will mom lose it, at what point have I gone too far.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:45 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• i agree with both of the pp. I wouldnt take it as an insult maybe a compliment. Just be firm in your boundaries and stand your ground and tell daddy to get his butt out of bed
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:26 AM on Oct. 15, 2008