Chubby kid clothes

My neighbor asked my opinion on where to find clothes for her 4 yr old son who wears a size 7. Obviously he can't wear a size 7 jeans,they'd be super long! They can't afford tailoring. Do you know of any stores that carry "husky" sizes for little kids? Online or regular store.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 9:53 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son had the same problem. I found that more and more stores carry husky. Most of his clothes come from target and old navy. They both have a wide variety and very reasonable.
    tessntylersmom

Answer by tessntylersmom at 11:46 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Try Carters.com. Click on "size chart" at the bottom of the page. They have Denim in size Husky/Plus & it shows the height & weight for each size. That may work for her.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:58 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• i can't remember seeing any under-size 7 that are 'husky'..if she can't afford tailoring, she can buy the hem-tape (any fabric store/walmart carries it) that is used like an iron-on. all she has to do is measure the length needed, trim the legs appropriately, fold hem under and iron it, to keep it straight. then, cut the tape to apply inside the hem, iron the hem until the 'hem' is glued. it will adhere and washes well. i've done this with jeans for myself, and its the next best thing to sewing.
    the tape costs very little. once she gets the hang of it, i'm sure she'll used it often, if her son continues to need bigger waist/short length pants.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:01 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• cant she alter them herself?
    san78

Answer by san78 at 11:14 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I was wandering around lost in JC Penney at the mall last weekend and noticed they had a "husky" section in their boys department.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 11:29 AM on Sep. 9, 2010