Homeade Salsa

Okay Im heading to the farmers market on Saterday and have been craving salsa so I thought hmmmm I should make some myself. I dont want to make a ton and have to can it. I just want to make a couple jars and eat it right up. Does anyone have a simple but very tasty homemade salsa receipe they would like to share with me?

Nikky0803PAG

Asked by Nikky0803PAG at 10:03 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Food & Drink

• if you don't want it chunky put it in the food processor... 2 large tomatoes, one large yellow onion, 2 cloves of garlic, juice from one lime, about a tablespoon of cilantro a little salt and pepper
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:25 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Tomatoes, onions, cilantro and peppers. dice them all up, mix together and your done. make a little or allot.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:05 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• So what makes the juices in salsa if thats all you do? And do you not boil the stuff? Because I dont recall the peppers in salsa being crunchy?
    Nikky0803PAG

Comment by Nikky0803PAG (original poster) at 10:08 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• When i make salsa, I just chop tomatoes, onions and a little jalapeno pepper, and add some chopped cilantro...I think that's it...but when ever I am in doubt, I check out Jamie Oliver's page...he has an interesting Salsa Verde http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/other-recipes/salsa-verde
    livewell

Answer by livewell at 10:10 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• No need to cook it. Fresh salsa is super tasty. You dice the onion and peppers really small. Well I don't because I love chunky salsa.

I would add some lime if you are going to keep it more than a day or two.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:11 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Chopped tomatoes, diced red onion, jalapeno peppers finely diced(add a little or a lot, depending on how hot you like it), a few squeezes of lime juice, minced garlic and I like mine with a lot of cilantro.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 10:13 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I put mine in the food processor. Tomatoes, garlic, onions, peppers, cilantro, salt, lime. Easy.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 10:15 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Tomatoes, Green, Red, and Yellow Bell Peppers, Cilantro, Green onions...YUMMMMMMMMMY!!!
    DereksBabyMomma

Answer by DereksBabyMomma at 10:27 AM on Sep. 9, 2010