Do the leaves change colour where you are?

Sigh. Fall is just around the corner. It is getting downright chilly here, and there are the occasional red and orange leaves to prove that winter is coming. Is that happening where you are? or are you still enjoying summer weather?

livewell

Asked by livewell at 10:04 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Sure do..they are already changing!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:04 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• yes, and none of them are ever the same color! they're gorgeous!
    DereksBabyMomma

Answer by DereksBabyMomma at 10:05 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Yes, they do. In Kentucky, the mountains are full of color. Of course, now with the hot summer, most are fallingdue to the hot weather with no color.
    JOCKEYP2PMOM

Answer by JOCKEYP2PMOM at 10:09 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Yep!! I live in Colorado and the big thing to do here is go see the aspens change in the mountains. I am totally bumbed cause we have had bad fires, and the little town we always go to to see the leaves is to hard to get to since the fires started!! :( But I love fall!!
    countryhotmama

Answer by countryhotmama at 10:11 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I've seen some changing already!!! I love fall!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 10:11 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I'm on Long Island in NY and it's still summery here. This morning there is a little chill in the air but we had our air conditioner on yesterday still. The leaves aren't changing here yet, it won't be until late Sept. early Oct. I love when the leaves are colorful! I just don't love the long winter! :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:12 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• It's still summer here, (Ohio), but in the next few weeks the leaves will start to turn. It's chilly today (62), but it was 88 yesterday!!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:15 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Yes and I LOVE when the leaves change! :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:17 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• It's getting cooler here, but the leaves haven't started changing yet. I love when they do though, I think it is so beautiful. Fall is my absolute favorite season!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 10:20 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Living here in the mountains, among the trees and leaves, one can not help but notice that the fall has more than arrived, its almost blown through. A top the highest peaks, snow has already started to form. However, here in our community, the trees are trying to hold on to their leaves. With colors of vibrant orange to match the morning sunlight, while the flaming red splashes across at noon day for fun. Then toward evening you can see certain markings of purple in some of the leaves. Most have all faded from the summers green; looking like death is emanate they somehow are starting to show shades of brown. As the children pick them up to trace their shape, then copy the colors before its too late. One must treasure this moment, yes, handle it with care. Enjoy the season while it can still be found; enjoy the leaves before they're tossed to the ground...
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 10:27 AM on Sep. 9, 2010