What kind of Bicycle Would Be Good For me?

I have not ridden a bike in over 10 years, and I'm short (5'2"). I don't even know brands of bikes, but think that womans bike would be too big. Any advice on a good low-price bike?

misskrissie

Asked by misskrissie at 10:05 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Shopping

• Try getting a Huffy or Schwinn from Wal*Mart. They're pretty decent bikes. (I've never owned one not from walmart myself) You can get a full sized one....i'm the same height as you and i ride one! lol
    DereksBabyMomma

Answer by DereksBabyMomma at 10:06 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Try the trek or mongose go down have yourself measured for the height of your legs and they will help you pick a bike that fits you. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:07 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• sorry mongoose
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:08 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Try a kid's sized bike,a 24" mountain bike. I'm like you and this is what I ride

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:10 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Specialized makes great bikes for women! I'm 5'3 and don't have their smallest. They cost a little more, but are well worth every penny! I think they have some in the $200 range. A bike designed for female anatomy is FAR more comfortable than a cheap bike with the dropped bar.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 10:11 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Any kind - I ride a 20-year old Schwinn and love it.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:47 PM on Sep. 9, 2010