How often do you and your girlfriends hang out?

I work and have an almost 5 year old. I don't have a lot of friends but was just wondering when do you make time for them. I can go a few weeks without any friends coming over. I am also pregnant with my second, but I have never really had a lot of girlfriends at all. I am shy and don't make friends that easy which is something I am working on but was just wondering what is a normal hang out and how do you balance that and getting dinner ready and your child ready for school and working?

cloverlover24

Asked by cloverlover24 at 10:11 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• since becoming a mom, never, my man understands and wants to give me time, but all of my friends are always like lifes busy ya know we'll get together soon.
    luvintaters

Answer by luvintaters at 10:28 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• i NEVER hang out with anyone outside of work other than my husband (when he's not at work) and my kids. i went out to dinner with my coworkers ONCE about a year ago! and then we had our work Christmas party in december. that's it :(
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:14 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Not that often..but we all have kids so we will have play dates maybe once every 2 weeks or so.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:12 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• We try to once a week or so - I have 5 kids and am a SAHM. We'll have dinner together or cocktails, and tell the kids that grownups need alone time. We try to go out once a month or so as well.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:14 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• my husband puts out an effort to make it so i'll have time out with the girls...which usually happens about once a week right now...it'll be less than that after our baby comes...we don't have any right now....but i make the effort to make sure he has time for WoW (he's a nerd lol...and i am too...i play too!)
    DereksBabyMomma

Answer by DereksBabyMomma at 10:16 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• i don't seem to get much time with my childhood friend we hang out probably once every 6 months, but my other friends we hang out about every week to every 2 weeks
    meliscool72

Answer by meliscool72 at 10:29 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Depends on which group. I have a group of women I see every Tues and Thurs evening. Another group of women I see at church once a month on Sunday and frequently have dinner with on Wednesdays, even though it is at church. And a group of football finatics on Friday, and then there are the women that I see socially whenever I can. Friday's, I leave work early and gossip with a coworker for about and hour. I think it is only possbile for me by making friends with the women ( and men) who are already in the social situations I'm already involved in like 4H and sports, religious and political groups.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:29 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• once a week, my one friend comes over to my house for coffee in the morning and talk, if we dont feel like going some where, now that school going again, have more free time during the day to do things
    tamithy

Answer by tamithy at 10:35 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• my friends can come over but dont very often i live kinda far out.my close friends i talk to online and on phone daily.I rarely get out due to my boyfriend and i dont work or drive.i've got out maybe 5 times without my man and kid (before baby #2came) and because of one incident my boyfriend is giving me a hard time.i am wanting to get out more and have girls nights or whatever just something without the kids and him and its not working yet.it sucks.
    alyssa1

Answer by alyssa1 at 11:06 AM on Sep. 9, 2010