ok i got what i wanted but im still not happy.

ok so this morning dh told me that we can wait a lil while b4 we move to colorado like i wanted , but im still not happy about it i mean i dont wanna move at all and im glad he was willing to put it off a lil bit but he sounds so freakin unhappy and i kinda think he is trying to lay a gilt trip on me, hes just that type of person neway he says its fine and that well deal w/ it and things will get better w/ us but hes said that so much that i dont know if i should beleive him and stay or just leave like i was planning to do b4 he told me that we r goin to wait to move.

mamasmurf171

Asked by mamasmurf171 at 10:15 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Does it make financial sense to move to Colorado? Why does he want to move and you don't? Is there a compromise that will make you both happy?

I'm facing a move next spring for DH's work, and while it will be hard to leave friends I'm looking forward to it. As long as DH and I are together with our family I know everything will be ok.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:18 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• talk to him about it
    dragonlady320

Answer by dragonlady320 at 10:18 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• maybe you should have a full out discussion with your DH about it. Maybe you'll find common ground. It might be beneficial to write out a pros and cons list.
    DereksBabyMomma

Answer by DereksBabyMomma at 10:19 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• i don't know what to say to that. Are you saying that you were going to leave your husband because he wouldn't hold off on moving? I personally believe that is not the right answer to leave a marriage, if that is what you are actually talking about leaving him for. but a new place is a new start that is how i see things.
    meliscool72

Answer by meliscool72 at 10:20 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• to scuba the only reasons he wants to move there is cuz weed is ok to have there and its cooler there we live in texas and no there is no compromise , and to top it all off he wants to go there and he doesnt even have a job lined up

to dragonflylady320 ive talked and talked nothing gets threw to him
    mamasmurf171

Comment by mamasmurf171 (original poster) at 10:21 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• to meliscool72 no i was not goin to leave because of the move we've had some issues here lately
    mamasmurf171

Comment by mamasmurf171 (original poster) at 10:22 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Oooh, those are not good reasons to move, mamasmurf. I don't blame you at all. The job market is tough all over, it doesn't make any sense to uproot your family with nothing lined up, just because weed is ok and it's cooler? I don't think so. I'm sorry dear, he doesn't sound very responsible or concerned about you and your family's needs.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:27 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Wow... I live in Colorado and "weed" is only okay here if you have a medical license for it.

I love Colorado, but would not uproot my whole family for legal medical marijuana.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:28 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I will also say that our job market is in the toilet like everywhere else. So unless he has a job lined up I wouldn't just up and leave the one he has now. I was just talking to a friend that has been looking for a job for the past year. He said that every job he applies for has at least 50 other applications. So there is no guarantee of finding a job here.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:31 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• i have someting to add about the job- him and his mother plan on opening a medical marijana store like they r planning on growing and then selling and myself i dont smoke and i dont really see any sence in the matter but thats just me.
    mamasmurf171

Comment by mamasmurf171 (original poster) at 10:41 AM on Sep. 9, 2010