Do you think it's weird for a mom to sleep with her son the night before his wedding?

My friend was married recently, she told me that her husband and his mother shared a bed the night before her wedding. I guess they had family staying with them. His dad slept on the couch. I told her that was very strange, etc and she got upset. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• So, I have to tell you that if I found out that my husband slept with his mommy the night before we got married I wouldn't marry him. I don't want to marry a child that still needs his mommy, I want to marry a man, who's mommy has taught him that it's okay to be independent.

I agree with heather.huckaby taht parents and babies have VERY strong bonds, but the apron strings need to be cut for both the mothers and childs best interests. I am soooooooooo close with my family, we are always together, as is the case with hubby's family as well, but this is a little extreme, and very weird.
    smilinghug

Answer by smilinghug at 1:19 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Uhm why didnt HE sleep on the couch and the dad sleep with the mom? i thin thats really weird!
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 11:33 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• i could see if maybe he didnt have a dad and there was other company that was on the couch. Thats not that odd. BUT he has a dad. he should have slept on the couch and the dad in the bed beside his mom. I mean there are all kinds of sleeping arrangements for just one night but i find that odd that the dad didnt sleep with the mom.
    chevygirl2007l

Answer by chevygirl2007l at 11:34 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• i think your friends husband and his mother needs to cut the umbilical cord. that is weird
    michellem7781

Answer by michellem7781 at 11:34 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• STRANGE!!!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 11:34 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Okay it does seem ODD; but at the same time what's the TOTAL circumstances....

I mean did Mom and Son have a heart to heart spend most of the night talking, sharing memories, expressing fear, etc and just end up crashing for an hour or 2..... That's doesn't sound as odd as them going to bed.....
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 11:34 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Okay that is really strange. It sounds like this lady I use to know.....Her son and her would share a bed and her husband (his stepdad) would sleep in the other room. Her son was in college!!! Talk about weird.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 11:44 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• ugh lol
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 12:02 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• that sounds VERY wierd
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:12 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• very weird!!!!!
    Mzjoy23

Answer by Mzjoy23 at 12:16 AM on Oct. 15, 2008