What is the best way to store peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in the refrigerator for a week?

I'm going to be helping out a single dad on Sundays to earn extra money and one of the chores to prepare the school lunches for his kids and store them in the refrigerator. He wants them fresh. What is the best way to make and store it, so that the ones they get on the fifth day are still good?

Love2laugh30

Asked by Love2laugh30 at 11:40 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• ummm pb&j works great frozen... kind of like uncrustables..
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 11:52 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• yep ditto, just freeze them and he can take them out the night before and unthaw them
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 12:00 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• No - PBJ is GROSS if frozen. Does it have to be PBJ? I would suggest having baggies for celery and carrot sticks ready, maybe containers with crackers, and then pb & j in two compartments for PBJ cracker lunchable type things. (crackers could be NEXT to the fridge), and those tiny applesauce or fruit cups in the fridge.
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 12:02 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• my kiddos love the uncrustables...they're fairly cheap, so he could just get those (it takes 2 per day for my son)...or you can make your own uncrustables. just make sure you use freezer bags, not regular zipper bags.
    mommybutterfly

Answer by mommybutterfly at 12:25 AM on Oct. 16, 2008