what should I do?

Just a couple of days ago a ex flame contacted my husband. A few years back she was the reason we broke up because he was messing around with her but he never slept with her because he lives in Detroit. I found out that my husband gave her his number to ask her for "advice" I'm furious so I asked him why did he even talk to her? He says he only talked about me. I don't believe that and I want him to lose contact with her! He tells me I'm blowing things way out of proportion. If I find out he's still talking to her, I think I'm going to leave him..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• well ask him what's more important, the life he has with you and your children (i assume you have kids since this is cafe MOM) or being friends with someone from his past who he knows will wreck your relationship
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:51 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I don't think he should be asking any woman for advice about you.. I would be furious too.. you aren't out of line. Especially since she broke you two up before. I would honestly have trouble trusting that he is telling the truth after this.. Even if he says he would stop talking to her, I couldn't make myself believe it. And the simple fact that when you asked him to lose contact, he said you were blowing things out of proportion.. he is YOUR husband, not hers. He should be on your side no matter what. He should respect you and your feelings and if you tell him you aren't comfortable with this friendship.. he should drop it immediately. Good Luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I accidently answered that anon..sorry.! lol
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:52 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• He is disrespecting your relationship. I would talk with him and go from there on what to do next.
    countryspun

Answer by countryspun at 10:53 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• He says he only talked about me....

and he used this as an excuse? I would be fuming mad, better if he said he did NOT talk about you! You have every right to be pissed off, he is way out of line, if he is saying he only talked about you-then i assume he is not telling this woman all the highlights in the relationship, it sounds to me that he is telling low lights, and justifing in his mind the reason for calling her and talking about your personal relationship

when a partner is thinking about cheating, they will focus on bad, tell the future partner all bad things, even blame and make up bad things in a arguement to justify his actions
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:01 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I'd agree, that is extremely disrespectful to you and the relationship you both have if he is talking to the person that lead to you both breaking up. If there are no kids, there is no reason for some one to talk to their ex.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 11:02 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• He is being inconsiderate and disrespectful he needs to cut off all ties or your leaving...the threat of you walking out should get him to let go of her
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:35 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• You are not blowing anything out of proportion if he cares about you and his family he need to stop all contact with her NOW and if he do not want to do that is because he wants something more with her. He has to choose you or her
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 1:11 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Start packing your suitcases and sit them by the door because he's talking to her...why would he want a woman that he was interested in to give him advice about the woman he's with? That will only lead to disaster...
    treasured_hope

Answer by treasured_hope at 2:02 PM on Sep. 9, 2010