what is a good idea for a babys first birthday????

janine84

Asked by janine84 at 11:49 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• well remember it's mostly for the parent's because the baby is still too young to remember so don't go to extravagant or spend a lot of money, i'd go with bright colors and maybe a favorite character for theme
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 12:02 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• First thing to remember...your baby is NOT going to remember their first birthday party. You could just as easily do absolutely nothing and they won't know the difference. It's more of a big deal to you and your SO and your family. I think a nice quiet little party would be good. You can get a little cake and put a 1 candle in it, or you can get a cake for you and all the guests.

Or you can do like some people and have a huge expensive birthday bash. But remember...your baby isn't going to remember it. It's your choice =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:03 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I did my first son's 1st bday at a park near our house it was only relitives that came but I went out and got all the "It's fun to be 1" stuff and got a cake with nemo on it with an extra little cake for him to do as he pleased.
    For our second son's 1 bday it will be too cold for a park so we are having it at our house with the relitives again. I found a cake pan shaped like a bear that stood up so the bear was 3D and a smaller bear cake pan that is the same. I am basing his bday around that I thought it would be cute!
    If you liked one of my son's bdays go ahead and steal it :)
    Have fun with it!!
    Leauna
    Leauna

Answer by Leauna at 12:05 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I'm going to have my son's 1st birthday party at our home... It will be mostly family & a few friends of mine who have small babies around his age. I haven't decided on what I want the cake to look like yet, but I'm ordering his party plates, etc. from birthdayexpress.com or birthdaydirect.com. They have lots of cute things! We'll just have finger foods, cake, and maybe ice cream. I dunno... I may also make a big pot of chili since this will take place during January. Good luck!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 12:05 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Just remember to keep it bright colored, but simple and small, and have lots of fun!
    livewell4me

Answer by livewell4me at 7:46 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• We did both our son's first birthdays at parks near us. A few friends and family. Cake, some pizza or bbq. It was a good time. :)
    moodymomma

Answer by moodymomma at 8:46 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• For Karissa's 1st B-day we got the little high chair decorations I think it said "Finally One" or something like that..we bought pink plates and napkins and had family over at my grandparents..I made the cake for the guests and a cake for her to eat..we didn't go all out. Like the other mom's mentioned they won't remember so why spend all that money?
    AmandaN84

Answer by AmandaN84 at 11:22 AM on Oct. 23, 2008