My stepson called me mom, I love that fact but is it wrong to let him?

mommywife2010

Asked by mommywife2010 at 11:06 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• No..there isn't anything wrong with that. If you have been raising him & it is his choice to call you Mom.. then let him!♥
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:06 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• my SO's 2yr old ds started this about 6 mths ago and at first we would try to correct him and he would just argue and argue with us about it so finally we gave up arguing and he goes back and forth now on what he calls me...
    springsmom0322

Answer by springsmom0322 at 11:07 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Feel honored that he feels that strongly about you. You are doing the right things that help him see you as a mom. I call my step-mom "Mom". She has always been a better example of a Mom than my bio-mom, whom I actually grew up with! Any woman can be a mother. But, it takes a special woman to be mom (mommy).
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:11 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• No, but I would try to have a conversation with his other mom about it if she is a part of his life, you don't want her to think you are trying to take him from her. On then other side though, if she is a dipwad like some birthparents can be, and doesn't have that kind of relationship with him anyway, then leave it alone.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 11:12 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• no,nothing wrong with it. anyone can have a kid,it is the person that loves,supports,feeds,clothes the kid that gets to be called mom. and is the mom.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:13 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Exactly what 3gifts.from.god said.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 11:37 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Dont correct him,, Feel blessed he loves you enough to call you mom.. You may want to let his bio mom know. if you are on good terms so it doesnt come up in an uncomfortable situation.
    KristinaMarie-5

Answer by KristinaMarie-5 at 11:46 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I'm assuming he's a tween (because of the section this is posted in). There is nothing wrong with it, it's wonderful that he feels close enough to you to refer to you in that way. There is no need to talk with him about his bio mom, he knows who she is. There is no reason to talk to his bio mom about it. Just let it be and enjoy the fact that he loves you and thinks of you as a bonus-mother.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:06 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• How wonderful to hear that sound I have five and I am they stepmom but the way I treat them you would never know they knem bm but we lsot her to colon caner so let him call what he is comable with good luck
    butterflysmom

Answer by butterflysmom at 12:13 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• DS1 will randomly call DH "dad". He hasn't seen his sperm donor in months (again...) but he also uses DH's name as his title.
    Example- Jesse (DH) was picking DS1 up from school one day. The lady (who was used to seeing me in the car line) asked DS1 "Do you know who this is?" - he said "That's my Jesse." "Who is Jesse?" He is like my dad, but he's not my daddy, so he's my Jesse". This is coming from a 5 y/o.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 12:18 PM on Sep. 9, 2010