I am so P!$$ed!

ARGH!

My daughter had tubes placed in her ears at the end of Feb. She has been complaining of ear pain in one side for over two months. I took her to the pedi who said one of the tubes is pushed back and to an angle which is most likely causing the pain. I am told to call the ear doctor.
Receptionist at their office says they need a reauth through Wellcare. States she will submit. Call back in 2 weeks. I call back, "oh, they may not have ogtten it back yet, give it another week." I give it another week because I too work in healthcare and understand auth's can take time. Especially through Wellcare. I call back to hear that no, an auth is not able to be retrieved without a doctors referral.
I get the doctors referral sent to them. I call and am told to call back on monday.
I call back and am told they are working on it, it was received.
Call to check again and am told they need to contact wellcare for referral(cont)

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 11:14 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Kids' Health

• OMG.. I would be so freaking mad! If that was my daughter I would just keep calling and calling and calling.. 20 times a day if I have to. I would complain to the hospital manager about the staff.. and quite possibly change doctors. Good Luck!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:17 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• GRRRRRR see i'm a bitch and would be shwing up at that doc office and would be speaking with the office manager rather than the receptionist who probably has taken her time doing the paperwork.. Get aggressive! ;)
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 11:16 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I don't know what to do I am so sorry you are in this situation.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 11:18 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I would be pissed!!!! I am a total bitch when it comes to getting things my child needs!!! The dr. takes an oath first do no harm. Is'nt that what he is doing by making your little girl suffer for this long!!!! Go to the office manager and tell him/her that this is it!!!! My daughter needs help now!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:24 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Suit up and show up.. maybe you'll get the point across that this is serious to you and your daughter who is in pain! Also can you call that doctor personally? Maybe he is unaware of what is going on in his office, if they are doing this to you then they probably do this to others. I know a 2 hour drive is far, trust me i live in a small town but sometimes you gotta to what you gotta do. There is no way that it takes 2 months for a simple referral.. they are just plain lazy! Can you call the insurance company direct to find out what is going on and explain your sitaution and what that office is doing?
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 11:33 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• If she's hurting, could you take her to the ER or an Urgent care place? Referrals take forever, I need a crown done on a root canal I had the beginning of July. The authorization just came through - 10 weeks later.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:44 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I'm sorry you are dealing with that. I like my insurance. The only thing I needed to have a referral for was for my bariatric surgery, but other than that, it's all free and clear. I hope you get your problems resolved. I would keep on them about it.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:19 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I'd go to the office in person, and speak with the manager.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:24 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Wow...that poor baby! I would be ready to choke someone! Dont they understand that your child is hurting and you dont have time to deal with their bull?! Argh! I got mad just reading your post. I hope they stop giving the run around and they actually do their job. Jerks!
    OneLuckyMommy86

Answer by OneLuckyMommy86 at 11:39 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I don't blame you, I would be so mad! I would also be pitching a fit that your daughter is hurting and this needs to be taken care of. Your poor daughter! Good luck to you, I hope she gets this taken care of soon.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 4:34 PM on Sep. 9, 2010