Help with ideas or DIY centerpieces

My dress is ivory with a clover green sash that matches bridesmaids dresses. I want to have chocolate brown linens for the tables at the reception but I am stuck on center piece ideas. There are 25 tables so that many centerpieces are needed....... on a budget. Our wedding is 2/19/11. Please share any ideas, colors, pics- I need all the help I can get:)

janessa27

Asked by janessa27 at 11:20 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Home & Garden

• My wedding was in February too, I bought Alstromeria and put them in fish bowls with red and silver(our colors) ribbon tied around the neck of the vase. I picked Alstromeria because it has several flowers per stem, depending on where you are you may be able to get Hydrangea, one bunch will fill up a fishbowl. Hope this helps.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 11:41 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• You could also do small DIY cakes maybe bundt or rose shaped (chocolate with a dusting of powdered sugar) and scatter white rose petals around the tables.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 11:44 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Bowls with floating candles are elegant and inexpensive. You could add some greenery or colored stones in the bowls to bring in the dark green color.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:57 AM on Sep. 9, 2010