Christian wives, help please

My husband and I left a church that became destructive last May. These people were like family to me and at first it was so devastating. I thought I might lose my mind. My husband has been bitter about it ever since. On his own personal mission to dear down any and every televangelist etc with a theology or doctrine that doesn't line up with the word. I miss the man I married who was cool and collected, loving and forgiving. I miss the church I joined and I cry almost everyday that it isn't there anymore. I feel so alone and totally isolated and dont really have anyone who understands. I miss God and His presence in my home. It has been replaced by NFL network :( Any advice? I've tried talking to him about it... nothing

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• like someone else said I think its a grief issue... I CANNOT understand why some people are so rude and mean about this.... Its not that you NEED church, you LIKE it...... you and your DH feel lost without going, even if it is because of HABIT.... (not saying you went out of habit) just you miss SOMETHING and it sounds like you need some guidance, that NORMALLY you would find at CHURCH.... its double bladed here... Consider looking for another church, attend a few services at different ones if you DH will go with you GREAT, if not maybe he will come around... Pray, if you feel you need to (or even if you dont!) Eventually you guys will have to talk about it try and bring it up a few times but dont be too pushy... spirituality is VERY personal.
    ThePopeVI

Answer by ThePopeVI at 12:45 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• All I can tell you is to do is to pray about it. God will give you the answers you need. God Bless you!
    ProudMommie87

Answer by ProudMommie87 at 12:06 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I wish I knew exactly what to tell you... I honestly haven't got the words! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers... I know that God will show you what you need to do. If He brings you to it, He'll bring you through it! If you need someone to listen, feel free to message me.
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 12:10 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Remember that God is with you & in your home right now. This sounds like something that happened to my church. This church was the one I grew up in & I was married in. My mother was also a sunday school teacher. Trust in him & he will help you find your way. This isn't a choice that god made but a choice by a human. We do & will make mistakes & the best thing is to move on by forgiving. Don't hold on to grudges, because wouldn't it be a shame if God held onto every grudge from a mistake that we made. I remember what my preacher said, He told us that the devil works harder on somone who is living a christian life because we are not living the ways of of evil but of Gods goodness. Stay strong & believe that doors will start to open again for you & your family.
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 12:11 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• pray sweetie! not everyone feels that they need a church to have god in their home. But if church is important to you, IMO you should try to find a church for yourself, even if he won't go.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 12:31 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Start up prayer meetings. Get another couple to join you if you like. My mother swears that she felt God's presence so strong when them and my neighbors continually had prayer meetings. She said it was nothing like being in church but alot of miraclous things happened when they had the meetings. I know we have our seasons where we just can't go to church without something going wrong. So do the meetings and stick to them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Just keep praying, God hasn't deserted you! Start trying to find other churches you and your dh may like. You can start visiting a different church every Sunday until you find one you like. I think just the act of going to church as a family, even to different ones, just going together, and looking together for a new church home, will bring you closer together, and closer to the Lord.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 2:52 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• God hasn't left you. He never does. The only thing that happens is you lose your trust in Him. The church went corrupt, not because of God, but because of the people who were in it. I understand your connection but it's time to move on. Give it over to God and seek out another place you can call HOME. Forgive your husband. I'm sure he's just feeling the loss in his own way. I hope that when you find a new church and you continue to show God's love in spite of your recent issues, he'll come back around.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 7:09 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Pray, try to find a good church. Show your husband the respect the Bible tells us to even though you might think he doesn't deserve it. Every Christian will fall, I look at it this way, during that time, God is doing something in your lives to give you a testimony to help someone else later. It is hard now, there is a light at the end os the tunnel but that doesn't mean it is a short one. I am military si I know it is really hard to find a new Church, but it has to be done! God Bless You!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 11:33 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• It sounds like your husband might be grieving the loss of your church and your friends. I would just continue praying, keep talking with your husband, but our God is a big God and he can take anger. Even if your husband is yelling at God it's better than him being silent towards him. I will pray for you and your husband. I know God will show you a church where you will love to go and it will be good for your spiritual growth.
    Anonymous