Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

before i had the baby, my boyfriend asked " if we eva break up would i take him 2 court 4 child support?" i told him no as long as our son was takin care of. but now that we are split, i had to move back home with mom n when i need something 4 the baby its a hassal but he gets it. he makes good money, thats y he doesnt want me 2 bring him 2 court but i am struggling. i dont no if i should keep my word or get child support?

child support question. need help


Asked by michellem7781 at 12:07 AM on Oct. 15, 2008 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (23)
  • You poor thing. I agree with chevygirl, he only asked you because he was planning to leave you. Now he is too greedy, and selfish to provide for his own child. Take his ass to court, and get the money your baby deserves.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

  • get the child support. If its a hassle now how much bigger hassle will it be in a few years

    Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:11 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

  • Screw your word. He helped make the baby, he can help raise it. Tell him to pay up and help you out or see your butt in court!

    Answer by Kenzies_momma at 12:11 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

  • IF he makes it a hassal now for you to get what you need for you child, then eventually hes not going to help you at all. You probably should fill for child support. Save yourself the trouble later.

    Answer by soonmommyof3 at 12:11 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

  • Its not about "your word" anymore and this probably wouldn't even be an issue if it wasn't such a hassle getting what your baby needs when your baby needs it! Time to go to court! In the end this will be best for all involved.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

  • There's no reason for you to have to struggle to take care of your son if his father makes good money. Maybe you should approach him with the situation just like you wrote it here. Let him know that you don't want him to think that you're being vengeful or anything towards him, but that you're struggling with trying to take care of the baby and yourself all on your own, and that you would really appreciate more help (and when you need it--- not when he gets around to it). If talking to him about it doesn't bring any changes, I wouldn't hesitate to take him to court for child support. He helped you make that baby-- he should help you to support him/her as best he can. Good luck!

    Answer by heather.huckaby at 12:14 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

  • I agree witht he above ladies


    The last thing you want is the new gf saying well if you don't have to then don't give it to her.... That would just make things EVEN harder!!!

    Good Luck hunny

    Answer by Leauna at 12:14 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

  • he only asked so he would know if it was safe to leave you. and with a question like that you can bet he never intends to really do anything. he will make it such a hassle hoping you will give up. get the support

    Answer by chevygirl2007l at 12:18 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

  • Yes, definetly take him to court. It sounds like he was just asking that to make sure you wouldn't because he already thought you would eventually split up. You need the money, and if he mentions your spoken agreement, tell him things changed or if he ever said himself that he would be with you forever/love you forever/ etc. well, obviously that didn't happen, so he didn't keep his word why should you? And you said he makes good money, so he can afford to give you child support.

    Answer by katythemm at 12:25 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

  • my ex convenced to go through mediation not to court it worked they figured out what he should pay and he does direct deposit. avoid attorney fees tell him you want to avoid taking him to court if he does direct deposit to your acct.

    Answer by JCRestoredme at 12:30 AM on Oct. 15, 2008